Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 08:40 AM

150 posts, read 474,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan1983 View Post
I bought -everything- from IKEA in Tampa, go there and you will not be disappointed
I've been considering IKEA myself. I know most of their stuff requires assembly, but that's not a problem for me (I love putting stuff together). I haven't purchased anything because I don't have a car, and because I don't know whether or not they'll deliver the stuff to your home. Even if they did, I'm not sure if they only deliver within a certain radius of their store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 03:54 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
thanks for the tips, Sunny - especially on cloth furniture.
You are welcome.

Everyone needs to be really careful when buying used furniture that does contain and fabric, cloth or stuffing.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:58 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
There are some very good consignment shops in the area for furniture. Visited a place called The Missing Piece of of South Dale Mabry. Good selection. Good prices.

The Missing Piece - Fine Interiors on Consignment

Old 10-27-2010, 08:30 AM

104 posts, read 224,395 times
Yes, The Missing Piece is great! I just found it the other day. I also found Ballard at International mall and they have some nice stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
There are some very good consignment shops in the area for furniture. Visited a place called The Missing Piece of of South Dale Mabry. Good selection. Good prices.

The Missing Piece - Fine Interiors on Consignment

Old 10-27-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angirocks View Post
Yes, The Missing Piece is great! I just found it the other day. I also found Ballard at International mall and they have some nice stuff.
Ballard Design: looks like they have some nice furniture. A little on the $$$$ side?

Old 10-27-2010, 10:43 AM

Missing Piece delivery price is pretty fair. They charge not per piece, but per trip - so if you buy several pieces you pay the same price. Good time to load up the house w/ furniture.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:33 PM

27,217 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Does anyone know if there are there any regular furniture stores (not consignment, wholesale/clearance or Ikea) that carry merchandise in-stock for pick-up?

Old 10-27-2010, 11:25 PM

156 posts, read 486,123 times
I'm an IKEA fan. Some of their stuff is hard to put together, but I don't think any more complicated than something you would buy at another similar big box furniture place. Their prices are excellent on many things and I've had really good experiences with their stuff being durable and lasting longer than I expected.

As for Rooms to Go...meh. I like their designs but I haven't had good experiences with their furniture really holding up. I also have had some not so good experiences with their customer service. I had a clearly defective item from there once (a lamp) which when plugged in sizzled up the cord and would have burned my living room down had I not been playing close attention. It also arrived with a broken lamp shade and since it was plastic, there was no repairing it...it was shattered in a million pieces. It took me calling American Express and filing a complaint to get them to take it back or even send me a replacement (which I would have been happy with if they hadn't been such jack wagons about the broken one). Very frustrating...but it was nice to know that Amex had my back and I eventually did get my money back.

I also purchased a table and chairs (prior to the lamp incident LOL) from them and they called to arrange delivery of just the table...they wanted to bring the chairs the following week. When I said that I preferred to get them together (so that I didn't have to take an additional day off work) the guy told me that was stupid. Really, now? That offended me. What's more...what exactly am I going to do with JUST a table? Sit under it and pretend I'm at a Japanese place? C'mon now.

So needless to say, I never bought anything else at Rooms to Go.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamparesident26 View Post
the guy told me that was stupid.
That kind of stuff gets me to cancel the order on the spot. I've done that once or twice when they promised to deliver on a certain date or time window then failed to show. I don't think you should reward this type of poor customer service. Thanks for the tip on Rooms to Go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay