Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 04:03 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,016,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamparesident26 View Post
I think that one of the important differences between those areas is that before they opened the Brandon Mall in 1995 there was really nothing to go out there for. So the infrastructure that has come since was kind of built around that. Whereas Citrus Park is more an established area with infrastructure/roads in place already, and they just happened to put a shopping mall there, if that makes sense...
I lived in Citrus Park before the mall... If a cowfield and a LOT of trees is an "established area" then I'd REALLY hate to see what the boonies look like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 04:41 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,304,985 times
hahahahahahahahahahaha

Isn't that what Florida is! a cow pasture with lots of identical establishments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I lived in Citrus Park before the mall... If a cowfield and a LOT of trees is an "established area" then I'd REALLY hate to see what the boonies look like.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:06 AM

817 posts, read 2,251,594 times
While Intl Plaza is probably the best overall mall in the area, I have to say that the Wiregrass Mall is the only fully outdoor mall in the area, and at Christmas is probably the best place to go. They put out a HUGE display with Christmas trees that are several stories high, with synchronized music and light shows and all sorts of fun things to watch and do, and is possibly only because of the outdoor setting.

When it's summer, it can be a little tough to deal with walking outside, but right now it's a GREAT place to visit for your shopping and entertainment needs.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:26 PM

27,220 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin from Tampa View Post
While Intl Plaza is probably the best overall mall in the area, I have to say that the Wiregrass Mall is the only fully outdoor mall in the area, and at Christmas is probably the best place to go. They put out a HUGE display with Christmas trees that are several stories high, with synchronized music and light shows and all sorts of fun things to watch and do, and is possibly only because of the outdoor setting.

When it's summer, it can be a little tough to deal with walking outside, but right now it's a GREAT place to visit for your shopping and entertainment needs.
Hopefully the trend of that style mall/shopping center (lifestyle centers) will continue.

It is much more pleasant being outside IMO than having to weave through indoor corridors of teenyboppers and gaggles of people. And don't get me started on food courts

Old 11-01-2010, 07:59 AM

428 posts, read 1,243,748 times
INTL is definitely higher end, and I'm far from a high-end shopper, but I still enjoy it. There is something subtle they've got going here- there are some other shops that you won't find anywhere else in the area. I like to go to the Quicksilver and Quiet Flight stores, for example. I've also bought my wife some clothes at some of the ladies stores like Guess and gotten pretty good deals when things were on sale.

I say this just so normal shoppers won't be completely scared away. Some shopping complexes are so high end that there is never anything a normal person with an average job would buy there. INTL has a unique blend of shops that you won't find in most other FL malls.

Westshore isn't a bad place either- they've got an Old Navy and a really good frozen yogurt place, and a couple of good food court choices that INTL doesn't have. I really like the Cuban place and EVOS is good also.

The kids play area at INTL is good and for the most part has well supervised, well behaved kids.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:30 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjax1000 View Post
INTL is definitely higher end, and I'm far from a high-end shopper, but I still enjoy it. There is something subtle they've got going here- there are some other shops that you won't find anywhere else in the area. I like to go to the Quicksilver and Quiet Flight stores, for example. I've also bought my wife some clothes at some of the ladies stores like Guess and gotten pretty good deals when things were on sale.

I say this just so normal shoppers won't be completely scared away. Some shopping complexes are so high end that there is never anything a normal person with an average job would buy there. INTL has a unique blend of shops that you won't find in most other FL malls.

Westshore isn't a bad place either- they've got an Old Navy and a really good frozen yogurt place, and a couple of good food court choices that INTL doesn't have. I really like the Cuban place and EVOS is good also.

The kids play area at INTL is good and for the most part has well supervised, well behaved kids.
Guess is not a 'ladies' store.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:03 AM

428 posts, read 1,243,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
Guess is not a 'ladies' store.
Ha, I guess you're right. I usually have to make surgical strikes when I go in to by a gift for my wife, since I rarely sneak out for an undisclosed purpose, and when I do I usually have my son. So I have been conditioned to seek out focus on the women's sections and ignore the rest.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:01 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjax1000 View Post
Ha, I guess you're right. I usually have to make surgical strikes when I go in to by a gift for my wife, since I rarely sneak out for an undisclosed purpose, and when I do I usually have my son. So I have been conditioned to seek out focus on the women's sections and ignore the rest.
To be fair though... some of the mens clothes are questionable.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:16 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Visited Citrus Mall yesterday. Very nice inside. Also there are several stores across the street (Best Buy, Sports Authority, Bed Bath Beyond, Kirklands) - so the location for all your shopping is very convenient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay