Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 01:02 PM

13 posts, read 96,028 times

Advertisements

I guess I should count my self special then. Not ugly, and even the ex would say not bitchy. And btw I appreciate, even admire, brutal honesty -- thanks for that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 06:58 AM

463 posts, read 1,052,849 times
Craig,
I was reading last post with NatGeo voice. Thanks for brightening my Wednesday morning with that piece.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:36 AM

My turn for brutal honesty... got great advice from y'all and have been working it. Getting lots of "hits" but sheesh, guys! if you want to impress a woman (don't know about the 20is girls) i have some advice.

First, if it isn't a beard/moustache, shave it. And if you are balding, embrace it -- none of this fluffy friar fringe, comb overs and silly pony tails. Man up!

Lose the baseball cap, this isn't a ball park. And get some shirts with collars and buttons, save the printed T's for softball practice.

Boys wear knickers, MEN wear pants. Get rid of those long baggy shorts (and outlaw plaid -- PLEASE!).

And finally, if you can't see your belt buckle, if your belly enters the room before your pecs, do us all a favor (your health, our eyes) and join a gym.

We ladies try to keep ourselves pretty firm (well, in the spots that are supposed to be firm). We get all showey as Craig put it. We shave what needs to be shaved, we dress nice and sexy... all to attract you, so reciprocate, OK?

Old 05-01-2011, 10:26 AM

2 posts, read 4,529 times
Personally I do not like fake boobs ,they do not look right and portray a low level of self confidence,but that is me others may not think that way,why is it others post a guideline of sorts of how one should look or act when if everybody was of the same mould what a boring life it would be

Old 05-02-2011, 09:13 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybor View Post
Personally I do not like fake boobs ,they do not look right and portray a low level of self confidence,but that is me others may not think that way,why is it others post a guideline of sorts of how one should look or act when if everybody was of the same mould what a boring life it would be
Fake boobs are fantastic when done right. I have seen good and bad. Some feel real, some dont.

Real boobs sag, and i give those boobs two thumbs down. Women that think they have great real boobs are usually wrong. Nobody likes flap jack or salami boobs.

To each their own, but dont dog on someone for having implants. I dont think it is a hit on thier self-confidence. I think it can help increase self-confidence, but I dont think any less of women for getting implants. I am thankful.

What she is looking for might be completely different than you- you are entitled to your opinion. If she has fake boobs, hits the gym regularly, takes care of herself, looks good when she goes out, she isnt interested in you anyway. People who spend time and money taking care of themselves want to be around people who do the same. If you dont hit the gym or havent considered plastic surgery, than hang out with people that havent if it bothers you.

“The last time I checked, vanity and self-confidence were still in style.” -David Barton

Old 05-02-2011, 09:29 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,309,108 times
Thanks for the update... Some feedback from a single, healthy, late 20s guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoox2011 View Post
My turn for brutal honesty... got great advice from y'all and have been working it. Getting lots of "hits" but sheesh, guys! if you want to impress a woman (don't know about the 20is girls) i have some advice.

First, if it isn't a beard/moustache, shave it. And if you are balding, embrace it -- none of this fluffy friar fringe, comb overs and silly pony tails. Man up!

It is 2011. Rule is... if you have a mustache, you must be over 50 (unless you are a child molester). Gotees and fumanchus are out, like you implied, and scruff/light beards are in. Studies show that women believe men with scruff have more sexual prowess in the bedroom. SideNote: If you have scruff, it has to be full. The spotty scruff where you dont have the genetics to grow it all in is called "trailer beard". You must go clean shaven. But to snoox- scruff is in. We are cool. Being bald is tough... I wouldnt know, but if I ever go bald, i'll just take a bunch of sterioids and go clean shaven. Bald can be cool if you're a bad ass mofo.

Lose the baseball cap, this isn't a ball park. And get some shirts with collars and buttons, save the printed T's for softball practice.

Agree on the baseball caps. Unless you are at a sporting event. Usually guys with ball caps are sloppy or trying to hide something. What kind of printed T's? Many are in and authorized club wear if you are fit and can pull it off. It has to be a quality T, and quaizi fitted. Sleeve seems must rest between the top of the deltoid between the delts and traps. the shirt must also accentuate the features. Shirts must be of quality and not advertise a brand. Some brands have become fashion statments in and of themselves like affliction, Armani Exchange, Reborn Coture, etc. Some of that is acceptible on a fit guy in a club environment.

Boys wear knickers, MEN wear pants. Get rid of those long baggy shorts (and outlaw plaid -- PLEASE!).

Dont use the work knickers, it makes you sound really old!

Jeans are in, even for the 50 and below crowd. Nice jeans. Levis are out. Jeans and running shoes are completely unnacceptable. Jeans and shoes are reccomended. Slacks are alright for certian settings, but florida is overly casual, and some of the jeans out there now are very nice and cost a fortune. Plaid the material is out, plaid the print is in. For shorts only. Long baggy shorts? Where in the world were you hanging out? Pool hall? all shorts must be cargo or plaid. If you see a guy wearing Jorts (jean shorts) imediately call the fashion police who are authorized to execute him on the spot.

And finally, if you can't see your belt buckle, if your belly enters the room before your pecs, do us all a favor (your health, our eyes) and join a gym.

Did you actually see a guy with his shirt tucked in and his belly was covering his belt buckle? You clearly didnt take my advice on nightlife/happy hour spots!

We ladies try to keep ourselves pretty firm (well, in the spots that are supposed to be firm). We get all showey as Craig put it. We shave what needs to be shaved, we dress nice and sexy... all to attract you, so reciprocate, OK?

Old 05-03-2011, 08:28 AM

Thanks, Craig. I actually find some scruff can be quite sexy (no trailer beards, i agree!). I was actually referring to some other wayward hair that men over about 40 get. Won't elaborate -- it's just too gross to name. As for Ts, I also agree that a clean, properly fitting T can make me want to run my hands all over those pecs, delts and traps (ooohhh, testosterone!). It's the scruffy ones with trite social/political comments or huge sports logos that look slovenly. Sorry if "knickers" is an old person word but how else to describe pants below the knee but not to the ankle? Cargos? OK as long as those pockets aren't blown out and looking like you've got lunch in there!

As for bellies... I have taken your advice and then some. Sad to say that yes, in many of those otherwise classy spots and at happy hour as well as late night, there are guys who have hidden belt buckles. Maybe I am being too choosey, but I feel somewhat entitled. I have a master's degree, own two companies, and hit the gym every day to keep my size 6 as firm possible to fit into those showey outfits.

Thank you for so gallantly defending me... you are correct that Ybor is likely not my type and vice versa.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:53 PM

389 posts, read 804,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoox2011 View Post
So if 40-something men can catch 20-something girls, how and where do I sign up to be a Cougar and catch some 20- or even 30-somethings myself? OK, maybe 30's are better -- they need less training!
cougarlife.com

Old 05-10-2011, 03:28 PM

Well now, that's quite an interesting web site! Sadly, it seems to be as useful as internet dating and a bit more raunchy in many cases. So... still sampling the happy hours - which run hot and cold, sometimes quite populated, other times more like a morgue. No apparent rhyme or reason to which nights and where. And (sorry Craig) doing some of the late night clubbing too. All with moderate success, but now I need to figure out how to politely say "no thanks" early on when those undesirables sidle up, otherwise I end up button-holed and out of circulation! I suppose the bright side is that men of various ages ARE approaching. After so many years out of the game, that is encouraging.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:57 AM

463 posts, read 1,052,849 times
Have you tried to say "No thank you, i'm not interested"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay