Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:37 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,323,493 times

Advertisements

Average sales prices dropped to $112,900.

Tampa area home sales soar to highest level since boom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 09:43 AM

494 posts, read 1,677,379 times
Maybe it's time to jump back in. Gotta convince the wife!

Old 04-25-2011, 03:41 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,388,682 times
if you plan on staying in the area and have a good income, it's silly to not think about buying something down here in the next 6 months to a year. the prices are unbelievably low.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:21 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,205,670 times
I assume you meant median house price.

The numbers appear to be impressive on the surface! A huge decrease from a year ago!

But don't get fooled that the low median value combined with high volume of sale just says that only houses at the lower end are moving now. For people who follows price/volume action of the housing market or anything for that matter I believe they know what to make out of it.

I encourage those who want to buy home to look the entire distribution and follow closely month to month since the media report is restricted to a selected aggregate metrics for a large area.

Another telling fact is that there is now a six month supply............

Old 04-25-2011, 04:44 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,657,337 times
I think cash buyers can get a good deal in this market, alot of sellers are afraid their homes won't appraise out and cash buyers can alleviate that hassle which in turn motivates the seller to take a lower offer!

Old 04-25-2011, 06:42 PM

36 posts, read 72,996 times
Sounds promising!

Old 04-25-2011, 07:02 PM

769 posts, read 2,051,678 times
I am noticing some improvements in my subdivision with the selling prices. I was shocked to see some houses similar to mine sell for what I paid for mine at the end of 2007.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:06 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,284,566 times
The Case-Shiller prices out today note that the Tampa market is now down 8 months in a row. The cheerleaders who think that rising prices are good for families are not only wrong on that count, but wrong on their prediction of which way this market is going.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:39 PM

769 posts, read 2,051,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_tino View Post
The Case-Shiller prices out today note that the Tampa market is now down 8 months in a row. The cheerleaders who think that rising prices are good for families are not only wrong on that count, but wrong on their prediction of which way this market is going.
The Tampa market overall might be down, but there could be pockets that are doing better. As far as rising prices, there's nothing wrong with that. They cannot stay as low as they are now forever. I'm not saying the way prices got in 2005-2006 is good either, but there has to be a happy medium. The more prices do down and stay low the more likely it is that homeowners will choose to walk away from their homes because they are paying mortgages on houses that are now worth half of what they owe on them, or even less. That will only add to the problem. And as much as I don't like them, investors put a lot of money into housing around here. If they do not recoup it they won't be investing in anything else.

The only people I know rooting for the prices to keep going down or even stay where they are seem to be selfish renters who hope they will be able to buy a 2,000 square foot, 5 year old house for $50k pretty soon.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:59 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,205,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker24 View Post
The Tampa market overall might be down, but there could be pockets that are doing better. As far as rising prices, there's nothing wrong with that. They cannot stay as low as they are now forever. I'm not saying the way prices got in 2005-2006 is good either, but there has to be a happy medium. The more prices do down and stay low the more likely it is that homeowners will choose to walk away from their homes because they are paying mortgages on houses that are now worth half of what they owe on them, or even less. That will only add to the problem. And as much as I don't like them, investors put a lot of money into housing around here. If they do not recoup it they won't be investing in anything else.

The only people I know rooting for the prices to keep going down or even stay where they are seem to be selfish renters who hope they will be able to buy a 2,000 square foot, 5 year old house for $50k pretty soon.
Hey, you can find that now in Spring Hill. No need to wait
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: