Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 06:52 PM

9 posts, read 17,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker24 View Post
This is why I would never be on the board of an HOA- because of people like this. You decided to put up a partition, which is against the rules, and now you want to legally go after the board members for telling you to take it down. If you got no response to your email, you should have gone to one of the monthly meetings and discussed it with them in person.

I understand the smoke is bothering you- it would bother me too since I have asthma problems, but I just feel like everyone wants a reason to file a lawsuit against someone nowadays. Of course the attorney took your case- he's getting paid to take it! I have several friends from college that are attorneys now and most of them really do not care why their client is filing a lawsuit as long as they will make money from it.
Why did the board make such a harsh decision without asking me first as to why after 15 years I felt the need to put up a partition? I expected them to call me into a meeting before taking such a harsh stands. However, as long as the partition isn't forcefully removed, there will not be a lawsuit and I told the manager that I am willing to take it down as soon as the nuisance has stopped. NY24, thanks I do appreciate you taking the time to give your opinion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 05:06 AM

9 posts, read 17,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I missed where you answered the question about directly asking the smoker to smoke elsewhere. If you didn't and I were the judge in the case, I'd laugh your ass right out of the courtroom. Whatever happened to directly talking to people?
To answer your question...Yes, I mentioned it directly to him on 2 separate occasions that I couldn't breath become of his smoke (when we were still cordial to each other and he was smoking in our common archway) as I was walking into my home and once he directly asked my roommate if his smoke could be smelled in my home and my roommate told him definitely yes. However, he has chosen to forget these conversations and tells everyone that he was never asked or made aware of the nuisance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay