Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 06:59 PM

62 posts, read 66,426 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what the big building project is off of US19 in Clearwater behind Autoway Chevy/Nissan on 150th Ave. near the PTEC campus? I can't quite tell if it's apartments/condos or something more commercial. Just curious...thanks.

Also, is something being built by Sam's Club on Gulf-to-Bay/US19 or is it just torn up as part of the highway expansion?

A few other things going on:

New Walmart at 34-St & 1-Av

New theatres going in at Countryside Mall, not sure what else if anything but it looks like a big addition

New Racetrak station on 49th St. south of Park Blvd., just around the corner from the existing one...another sad sign of how much oil we consume
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 07:04 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,304,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkronAlan View Post
Does anyone know what the big building project is off of US19 in Clearwater behind Autoway Chevy/Nissan on 150th Ave. near the PTEC campus? I can't quite tell if it's apartments/condos or something more commercial. Just curious...thanks.

Also, is something being built by Sam's Club on Gulf-to-Bay/US19 or is it just torn up as part of the highway expansion?

A few other things going on:

New Walmart at 34-St & 1-Av

New theatres going in at Countryside Mall, not sure what else if anything but it looks like a big addition

New Racetrak station on 49th St. south of Park Blvd., just around the corner from the existing one...another sad sign of how much oil we consume
I believe that pile of rubble is just from the 19 construction. They're modernizing that interchange and upgrading a few miles south of that into a freeway. The other developments are pretty hum-drum.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:25 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,304,420 times
On that note, I read that they're trying to get a Walmart to open up in the old Publix store in South Pasadena.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:07 AM

The Pinellas Park McDonalds on 34th St. across from Park Place was quite suddenly demolished this week and parking lot paving removed...apparently they are going to build a brand new one there with improved traffic flow. No idea what style it will be.

The Walmart at 34th St. & 1st Av. opened July 20. Walmart has gone from the blue/gray motif to brown exteriors (along with the updated signage)...not sure I'm used to that yet.

I'm wondering if H.H. Gregg is going to open any more stores around here. It seems like the vacant Tyrone Circuit City store would be a good spot, across from Best Buy. I'd also like to see an Aldi or Sav-a-Lot on 4th St. somewhere up the street from Sweetbay...I think it would do well in that area.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Drove by there today...now I know what it is..

Old 10-15-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:

Theaters are still being worked on and there will also be a BJ's Brewhouse in the mall. Was surprised to see a Dick's sporting goods store go in quickly across from the mall in the former Albertson's. Sports Authority must be hurting.

The Racetrak is now open.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
The Pinellas Park McDonalds on 34th St. across from Park Place was quite suddenly demolished this week and parking lot paving removed...apparently they are going to build a brand new one there with improved traffic flow. No idea what style it will be.
It's pretty far along now and looks a lot like the old one. Seems to be shifted north a little bit to alleviate the pinched drive thru lane & parking on the south side.

MickyD's is doing a lot of rennovating around Pinellas. They're also working on the 4th St. store up by Gandy and just found out today there's another one up on 580 west of the mall doing construction.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:51 PM

A couple of others around St. Pete: The Hooters is now open in the old Pepin restaurant on 4th St. The Achieva C.U. at 62nd Av/9th St is pretty far along and there is a new cosmetic treatment place going in by the 54th Ave. I275 northbound ramp.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:50 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,320,473 times
Meanwhile, there are plenty of vacant strip malls virtually everywhere, every new wal-mart leaves a vacant wal-mart lease and a dying strip mall

Old 10-16-2011, 07:43 AM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,927 times
There re doing several of the mcdonalds over here in tampa too. One at dale mabry and linebaugh was torn down and rebuilt and the one at Interbay and dale mabry was completely renovated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay