Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 01:31 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times

Advertisements

I wasn't the one who made the statement, you were.

If you don't like hot weather, why on earth did you relocate to the South in the first place? Makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Can YOU? Old people can't take the cold. You get used to Florida and get used to the weather. Yeah, right.

It works both ways, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 01:37 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
What is fascinating is how some folks would want others to believe FL is dry 365 days a year and the thermometer sits at 80 degrees year round!

How about this, for all who don't live or have visited FL, take a trip down in July, then come back here and tell us what you thought from the moment you stepped of the plane.

1. "Old people can't take the cold" & not just them, there are plenty of young ppl who come here and complain about the cold. Thing is, when you're in the cold, you can add layers and warm up, when you're in the heat, well...there isn't much to take off!

2. "Old people can't take the cold" Well, I've seen quite a few old people here and they don't seem to mind the cold!

Do yourself a favor and visit.

You sweat a lot in FL...no need for a trip to the sauna, you just go get your mail (for free) and you sweat just as much as you would if you paid to go to a sauna. The "larger" you are the more you sweat, so, that's a factor too.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:42 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
What is more fascinating is how some folks make up things. Anyone who does not realize FL is hot and humid is not playing with a full deck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
What is fascinating is how some folks would want others to believe FL is dry 365 days a year and the thermometer sits at 80 degrees year round!

How about this, for all who don't live or have visited FL, take a trip down in July, then come back here and tell us what you thought from the moment you stepped of the plane.

1. "Old people can't take the cold" & not just them, there are plenty of young ppl who come here and complain about the cold. Thing is, when you're in the cold, you can add layers and warm up, when you're in the heat, well...there isn't much to take off!

2. "Old people can't take the cold" Well, I've seen quite a few old people here and they don't seem to mind the cold!

Do yourself a favor and visit.

You sweat a lot in FL...no need for a trip to the sauna, you just go get your mail (for free) and you sweat just as much as you would if you paid to go to a sauna. The "larger" you are the more you sweat, so, that's a factor too.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:43 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
I think everybody knows that Florida is hot and humid. I just dont think they realize how long it lasts. Doesen't mean their not playing with a full deck. For people who don't have to be outside if they dont want to, or have the luxuery of a air conditioned workplace it probablly isnt to bad. But for the ones that work outside there's a period of time that isn't that good. Most of my work when i lived down there was either on roofs or in peoples attics. Neither one a good place to be in the summer months.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:06 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
What is more fascinating is how some folks make up things. Anyone who does not realize FL is hot and humid is not playing with a full deck.
Hot and humid is not the word for it. More like 5 months of pure puke. And very little rain were i lived in Danashore and even drier when i lived in west Pasco during the summer. Don't expect much of a winter this year.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:45 PM

This is true for those to pack and move without checking out the map, and see where FL is.

However, there are also those who had no problem with the heat when they were in their 20's, but started having problems with the heat in their 30's! My mother in law was born in Long Island, lived 20 years in FL, and then moved to upstate NY, close to Buffalo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post

Old 11-18-2011, 06:48 PM

& Then you have to wonder...if you moved to FL for the "outdoor" opportunities, and end up spending all your time in AC, indoors, then what's the point? you can be in AC anywhere (heat or cold)...same goes for the "Up North"!..unless you're working outside in -20 degrees...why does weather matter? after a hard day at work, you're still going to want that damn couch to sit on at home! LOLOLOL

EDIT: If it rains in Tampa you're indoors
If it wains in NY you're indoors
(or try to be in both cases!)

It has to be the taxes then! otherwise...what's the difference? hahahahaha KIDDING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
I think everybody knows that Florida is hot and humid. I just dont think they realize how long it lasts. Doesen't mean their not playing with a full deck. For people who don't have to be outside if they dont want to, or have the luxuery of a air conditioned workplace it probablly isnt to bad. But for the ones that work outside there's a period of time that isn't that good. Most of my work when i lived down there was either on roofs or in peoples attics. Neither one a good place to be in the summer months.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:42 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
What is fascinating is how some folks would want others to believe FL is dry 365 days a year and the thermometer sits at 80 degrees year round!.
I can guarantee you can not find a post on this site where anyone claimed this and if you can find a serious post that does I will never post here again.

But if you can't , how about you quit spewing your worthless posts?

Old 11-19-2011, 05:59 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,632,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Can YOU? Old people can't take the cold. You get used to Florida and get used to the weather. Yeah, right.
I can't say what happens for YOU, just as YOU can't predict what happens to that previous poster. Me personally, I moved here with my parents when I was kindergarten age. At first I really thought I was going to die, the humidity was so oppressive. But every single year, it has gotten easier, for ME. My tolerance for heat and humidity has only increased over time. The big difference here is I won't claim that my experience is universal, as you did, because I know that everyone is different.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:07 AM

Actually, what is truly worthless to people moving to Tampa (or looking to move to Tampa), is the commentary from people who've never lived elsewhere, therefore Florida and its weather is ALL they've seen and know off. So while to them a FL downpour is just Thursday, to someone who's never driven into one of those, it's SHOCKING! and potentially scary. (at best)

The point is that you can cheer on Tampa all you want, but if you were born and raised there, you can't really speak for someone who was born and raised in Chicago, and never visited Tampa before, you can't tell them is heaven on earth just because it for for YOU. It is really worthless to keep going on what a fantastic weather there is, and fantastic entertainment blah, blah, blah...they'll move down, hate it, then move back...so you just made "some" people waste money! This is why it is always good to tell both sides, and I get that's hard for someone who has nothing to compare with, which is why it is even more worthless to pick on the ppl who have seen both (or more) sides and can give an objective opinion. Moving is not free. If you feel that patriotic towards Tampa, then use your energy in making it an even better place. Run for Mayor and clean up the downtown surroundings.

Like the title of this very thread....someone doesn't understand "humidity" and how it affects ppl when it is at 100% on top of already 90 degrees!
People who've never been here assume it is always "warm"..."warm" is your oven at 325 before you shove the muffins...when you go outside, is more like a steel melting facility! (and it doesn't start July 1st, this year it started in April, back and forth for a few weeks and then it settled).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
I can guarantee you can not find a post on this site where anyone claimed this and if you can find a serious post that does I will never post here again.

But if you can't , how about you quit spewing your worthless posts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: