Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 07:36 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,125,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrn2112 View Post
OMG....We're SO close to moving, I can smell it!!!! The bank did the appraisal of our house last Tuesday The short sale isn't that far off of the pay-off, so our broker said it should be an easy one! C'mon bank! We're ready to get to Florida!!
Sounds like you'll be moving in the middle of summer. Do yourself a favor, rent a place that has a pool in its own backyard! You'll need it... at least for your first year here.

Good luck! This winter was awesome and now I am looking forward to our Thunderstorms. I miss them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 01:45 PM

119 posts, read 253,619 times
Hopefully we'll be moving sooner than later...we're SO ready to go! We're renting an apt for a couple of years and one of the requirements is that it has to have a NICE pool!!!! I'm SUCH an outdoor person, and definitely a sun lover...

Old 02-29-2012, 06:54 AM

623 posts, read 1,303,436 times
Did you sell ? What's the status??? )))))) That is great!!!! Which area wil you rent in?

Old 02-29-2012, 07:26 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,347,725 times
Aa a transplant to the wondrous state of Florida I wish you all the best. We arrived in August 2008. NearBrandon, and I'm also a nurse. Watch put for those stupid cockroaches. We moved into to an infested home, rented, and wouldn't open a box for 1.5 weeks till they were history. Ugh.
Our children, all grown are still in michigan. They visit often. Love to swim during the winter.
Have them most off our stuff as moving/ gas was high then too. Used one 15 foot truck for everything. Still cost us $1300 total. 2 vehicles, trailered one drove one and later bright the Harley.

Have a safe trip!

Old 02-29-2012, 07:28 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,347,725 times
Spelling awful singer above from android. Good excuse. Lol

Old 02-29-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKIRAV View Post
Did you sell ? What's the status??? )))))) That is great!!!! Which area wil you rent in?

Sakirav...Short-selling the house...have an offer at the bank, appraisal done. Should know something REALLY soon Gonna move to Brandon, looked at some apts last Oct. when we were there for vacation

Old 02-29-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
Aa a transplant to the wondrous state of Florida I wish you all the best. We arrived in August 2008. NearBrandon, and I'm also a nurse. Watch put for those stupid cockroaches. We moved into to an infested home, rented, and wouldn't open a box for 1.5 weeks till they were history. Ugh.
Our children, all grown are still in michigan. They visit often. Love to swim during the winter.
Have them most off our stuff as moving/ gas was high then too. Used one 15 foot truck for everything. Still cost us $1300 total. 2 vehicles, trailered one drove one and later bright the Harley.

Have a safe trip!

Thanks mary54mi We looked at some NICE apts in Brandon when we were there in Oct. Sounds like we're doing EXACTLY what you did...got rid of TONS of stuff...giving furniture to the kids..taking minimum stuff...the biggest thing we're taking is our big screen TV and entertainment center. Also renting a rental truck and trailoring our Camaro Can't wait to get there...Planning on stopping in TN for a few days at my In-laws. Where do you work as an RN at? I would LOVE to work for Florida Hospital System, as it's similar to IU Health system where I'm at right now...awww...I get SO excited when I start thinking about moving soon!!

Old 02-29-2012, 06:49 PM

77 posts, read 138,473 times
We are doing the same thing!!! Down sized, rental truck towing cruiser. When are you leaving dfn2112? We are leaving the 19th of March and arriving the 23rd. We are taking our time getting to Florida.

Hope you have a safe trip to Florida!!

Old 03-01-2012, 12:23 PM

623 posts, read 1,303,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrn2112 View Post
Thanks mary54mi We looked at some NICE apts in Brandon when we were there in Oct. Sounds like we're doing EXACTLY what you did...got rid of TONS of stuff...giving furniture to the kids..taking minimum stuff...the biggest thing we're taking is our big screen TV and entertainment center. Also renting a rental truck and trailoring our Camaro Can't wait to get there...Planning on stopping in TN for a few days at my In-laws. Where do you work as an RN at? I would LOVE to work for Florida Hospital System, as it's similar to IU Health system where I'm at right now...awww...I get SO excited when I start thinking about moving soon!!
Beyond thrilled for you. Where are you moving from? Keep us posted!

Old 03-01-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4inthevalley View Post
We are doing the same thing!!! Down sized, rental truck towing cruiser. When are you leaving dfn2112? We are leaving the 19th of March and arriving the 23rd. We are taking our time getting to Florida.

Hope you have a safe trip to Florida!!

Well, as soon as the short-sale goes through at the bank...Would love to leave that soon, but don't see that happening You have a safe trip also...where are you moving to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay