Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 05:42 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
It don't jive with my temp and rainfall records. Since 1990 we have had very warm winters, minus 95-96 and 2010. Our winters vary year by year, but the trend over the last 20 years has been warmer and less rain.
I see that after stating that someone "needs their head checked", "Do your homework before banging on the keys.", "You will never touch me when it comes to the weather." that you still have yet to post anything except your ramblings telling everyone you are right. Here are some stats for you below, please don't just post that your handwritten records that you kept at home disagree because they don't matter to anyone but you.

December 2007 was warmer than this December with an average max of 77 and and average minimum of 60. This year for December 76 and 57. Below is for 2007

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 06:29 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,320,473 times
For the non believers

SNOW IN TAMPA - Jan. 19, 1977 - YouTube

Florida 1977 snow memorable pics - YouTube

Snow in Tampa Florida 1977 - YouTube

Snow in Florida - YouTube

REAL Snow in Florida 1977 - YouTube

Old 12-26-2011, 06:46 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
I see that after stating that someone "needs their head checked", "Do your homework before banging on the keys.", "You will never touch me when it comes to the weather." that you still have yet to post anything except your ramblings telling everyone you are right. Here are some stats for you below, please don't just post that your handwritten records that you kept at home disagree because they don't matter to anyone but you.

December 2007 was warmer than this December with an average max of 77 and and average minimum of 60. This year for December 76 and 57. Below is for 2007
I can only go by what the temps are where i live. As you should know temps and rainfall amounts will vary from area to area. I will do a break down of Dec 07 temps vs this Dec and see what the numbers come out to be.

If you are going by a whole area like Tampa and i am going by what the temps were at my house then the numbers will never jive. I can't prove you wrong and you can't prove me wrong based on them facts.
Just as well move on.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
I can only go by what the temps are where i live. As you should know temps and rainfall amounts will vary from area to area. I will do a break down of Dec 07 temps vs this Dec and see what the numbers come out to be.

If you are going by a whole area like Tampa and i am going by what the temps were at my house then the numbers will never jive. I can't prove you wrong and you can't prove me wrong based on them facts.
Just as well move on.
You are right, since you can make up what ever numbers you like and I am stuck going by NWS and NOAA numbers then I can't prove what ever numbers you decide to write down are wrong.

I can say in my opinion that based on NWS and NOAA numbers that this is a normal December. Normal to me being within 3-4 degrees of average. Maybe the difference between average night time lows of 57 instead of 54 make it abnormally hot to you but then maybe you are just more sensitive to these things.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
You are right, since you can make up what ever numbers you like and I am stuck going by NWS and NOAA numbers then I can't prove what ever numbers you decide to write down are wrong.

I can say in my opinion that based on NWS and NOAA numbers that this is a normal December. Normal to me being within 3-4 degrees of average. Maybe the difference between average night time lows of 57 instead of 54 make it abnormally hot to you but then maybe you are just more sensitive to these things.
I don't see how i could have faked my numbers going back the last 33 years since that was long before i knew of this site and or you, just to prove you wrong.

I can only go by the temps at my house in Danashores and the 7 longggggg years i lived in west Pasco.

Just my numbers come up warmer for this Dec compared to 07 and 09.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:20 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
lol - Only time I Have had AC on recerntly was X-Mas night because I had 6 kids sleeping in one bedroom. Other than that, I haven't even thought about turning it on. It's called open your doors and windows.

Sad to see the warmer temps leaving us this week.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
lol - Only time I Have had AC on recerntly was X-Mas night because I had 6 kids sleeping in one bedroom. Other than that, I haven't even thought about turning it on. It's called open your doors and windows.

Warmer temps will be back within a few days.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:49 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,021,537 times
It's 92 percent humidity right now and I don't like sticking to my sheets at night. I prefer to run my AC, thank goodness for cheap nuclear power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post

Old 12-26-2011, 08:52 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
For the non believers
I'll never forget that winter, every damn school in Pinellas County closed except for mine, Belcher Elementary and the teacher read us books by candlelight.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert_scene View Post
It's 92 percent humidity right now and I don't like sticking to my sheets at night. I prefer to run my AC, thank goodness for cheap nuclear power.
High of 72-73 yesterday with a 9-12 mph breeze was good for me, could have been a little warmer but I'll take it.
Are you sure you don't have someone's bathroom exhaust fan blowing in your bedroom window? I am pretty sure most of the Tampa area was in the mid 60's last night and the dew point was lower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay