Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 02:01 PM

3 posts, read 2,699 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I have the ability to relocate to the Tampa area for a job near MLK Blvd and the I-75. Does anyone know of a decent city to live in that is about a max 20 minute drive (traffic not withstanding)? I don't want to be really far away, but I don't need to live across the street.

What I am looking for in a neighborhood is similar to what everyone else is looking for:

Low crime, decent schools, decent commute, decent places to rent (preferably homes or duplexes) in the $700 - $850 range.

Thanks for your responses, and please ask if you need more info! This is kinda urgent, so any info will be great. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 02:09 PM

605 posts, read 1,055,243 times
New Tampa, Brandon or Valrico are all decent areas around there. (My husband worked in the same area for years, we lived in Brandon then New Tampa.)

I can't comment on the schools but they should meet your other criteria.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:36 PM

Thank you. I will check those out. Any one else?

Old 05-23-2012, 07:33 PM

168 posts, read 395,013 times
You aren't going to find a great neighborhood, low crime, short distance within that 20 minute drive....you are going to have to be willing to drive longer 'at times'...sometimes traffic is just deadlocked; other times you'll fly through the area. Wesley Chapel, Zephyrhills would be good; stay away from Town n Country and Thonotosassa.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaherbgirl View Post
You aren't going to find a great neighborhood, low crime, short distance within that 20 minute drive....you are going to have to be willing to drive longer 'at times'...sometimes traffic is just deadlocked; other times you'll fly through the area. Wesley Chapel, Zephyrhills would be good; stay away from Town n Country and Thonotosassa.

I understand traffic, thats why I memtioned that in my original post
Pretty much I'm looking for something that will be no more than 20 minutes away maximum with no traffic. I will look into the places you mentioned! Thanks!

Old 05-23-2012, 08:59 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,369,717 times
You are better off looking at places in Brandon... its right there. Plus, there are tons of little side roads/back roads that will easily get you there in 20 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay