Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 07:45 AM

55 posts, read 170,884 times

Advertisements

I read a couple threads regarding this area already, but would like more input.

Can someone please provide some updates in how they like the neighborhood? Are you happy? Any regrets?

Also as far as congestion, do you feel it to be a decent area to drive to work? Just work in general (office ect).

Is the community growing? Any cool areas that you visit?

I thought about moving to the other side, near 19, ST Pete ect, although It may be too crowded to get to anywhere.

What's up with all the brick homes? I like this. But never seen an area with so many brick homes...just wondering..

Thanks a bunch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 12:49 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,678,383 times
We moved to Riverview from the Midwest about ten months ago and have not regretted it for a day. The weather here is predominantly warm and sunny with blue skies. I've only had to wear long pants seven days out of the last ten months. I now live in shorts and flipflops - woohoo!

The natural beauty of the area is incredible. Everyday I am inspired by the birds, trees, bodies of water, flowers, etc. It's impossible to drive or walk around here without seeing something that will literally take your breath away. Seeing white pelicans for the first time was really a thrill.

We researched for years before purchasing our home, so no regrets there either. We wanted to live in a community where we could walk to the library, grocery, doctor, small restaurants, and a community pool without paying CDD fees and that's what we got. It's truly as walkable and convenient as we anticipated it would be from our research.

Traffic can be heavy during rush hour, but it's doable. The drivers here are a lot more aggressive than where we came from, so that's taken some getting used to. They also drive a lot faster and now so do I. I find I can get almost anywhere within 20 minutes, which is nice. The one exception to this is the beach and it's about an hour away, but we still get there every other week.

As for bricks, some communities do seem to have a lot of bricks, but the majority of the ones I've visited tend to have cement stucco exteriors, which I prefer. I just think they look more like Florida, but that's my bias.

The people here are very nice and not intrusive. I've been surprised at how helpful many people have been while I've been bumbling around trying to get my bearings. If you get involved in some activities you are sure to meet nice people to hang out with and befriend.

I love it here. I feel like I've finally found my climatic home and I am where I belong, but many people have the opposite opinion. I think if you are open to the charms of the area and don't expect it to be like where you came from, you will find it to be a very pleasant place to live. Best wishes.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:17 PM

272 posts, read 607,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I now live in shorts and flipflops - woohoo!
I have two sets of flip flops: My inside pair, and my outside pair (yard work etc.)

Brandon gets bagged on a bit, and so does Riverview. Somebody here described Brandon as an "Unremarkable suburb of Tampa" the other day which made me laugh. There is quite a bit of truth in that, but it's also an easy place to live with easy access to Tampa. I personally don't think the traffic is that bad, but other would vehemently disagree with me on that. There are a nice variety of neighborhoods to choose from and the schools are fine. Lots of big box retailers, corporate restaurants etc. If you look around you can find some great Indy owned restaurants in Brandon like Ramanos, Sushi Ninja, Moreno bakery, Dellas, Saigon Corner etc etc.

Unfortunately I've had to visit Brandon regional hospital a few times for both emergency and outpatient surgeries/procedures and all experiences I'd rate as positive.

I do like the "other" side around Palm Harbor a bit more. A lot of the older neighborhoods in that area have HOAs that help keep the area nice unlike Brandon.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:24 PM

670 posts, read 1,278,671 times
No regrets at all! LOVE SouthShore-RIVERVIEW! Its growing and going to get better as new development moves in so we wont have to go far for shopping /dining needs.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:35 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,761,161 times
Moved to Brandon (near Lumsden and John Moore) and I love my little neighborhood. We are stationed here for 4 years and we will stay in this house for all 4 years unless my landlord raises the rent (which we are about to sign our 3rd year lease). Love my neighbors and the area.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:27 PM

37 posts, read 53,516 times
Brandon/Riverview is very family friendly and great place to live. You are close by most main roads to get you to most spots in Tampa within 30 mins. Pinellas beaches by 1 hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay