Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 08:51 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,022,334 times

Advertisements

You could always try this place
Calabasas, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And you might even get to see Kim Kardashian. It might cost a little more than St. Pete though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 09:49 AM

39 posts, read 67,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Now that is a good idea and good placement for that "stand your ground" law!

Not just that, but people need to stop throwing their butts in the streets and beaches too! I am going to start a petition with the city, because this is getting way out of control, and besides being rude, its LITTERING! We are not pigs, we have awesome roads, and it is really rude, and shows complete lack of common sense when you are not using your car's ashtray, and use the streets as ashtrays. (and worst, blow YOUR smoke in my car).
Here in NYC, the mayor has instituted a no smoking policy in public parks and beaches. I am torn about this. I am a non-smoker who has chronic bronchitis because my parents, older relatives et. al., chain smoked around me from the time I was born. But I recognize the civil liberties implications. It's a hard question...

Old 06-06-2012, 12:08 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Too bad the ciggies do not come with an inflatable head bubble, that keeps all the smoke within ... could be small like a an astronaut's head gear. hmm we can even have them in colors,, My niece has silent asthma, and the cig. smoke is very harmful, what about her liberty? People really do not care until it hits their doorstep. But working on cleaning my ducts, and joining some group somewhere to start throwing money at congress to change some laws.. least so they keep the smoke out the apt I have to pay for.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:21 AM

663 posts, read 1,145,112 times
I'm a non smoker, but telling people they can't smoke outside is the equivalent to telling fat people they can't be outside. After all they are an offense to the eyes, and a drain on our health care system.
I don't buy the second hand smoke thing, especially outside. If you worked in a bar and were in a smoke filled room Every night for a couple of years, I could see that being harmful.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:09 AM

Tony- they can smoke all they want out side,,, but they throw the buts right there on the deck with their ashes in the pool area and rem its a sectioned off area and hard to get away n still enjoy the pool-,,,
BUT my prob is my apt stinks from my neigbor's smoking- anyhow I submitted a work ticket,,, hope they dont just spray the apt with lysol.. I had to downgrade and its a great place, so hope I can get this problem solved,

Old 06-07-2012, 01:28 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Ya think smokers are bad......don't get me started about pet owners who don't clean up after their pets.....can we outlaw them while we're in the limiting civil rights here in the USA mode....I'll come up with a few other irritants that I want to see outlawed and will get back to the CDF later on.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:06 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,388,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Ya think smokers are bad......don't get me started about pet owners who don't clean up after their pets.....can we outlaw them while we're in the limiting civil rights here in the USA mode....I'll come up with a few other irritants that I want to see outlawed and will get back to the CDF later on.
We just had to put up a few signs in our neighborhood because some folks feel that dog poop is natural and they leave it there for all to enjoy.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:23 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
IF you have a drain in/where the AC filter is located you can poor some bleach in it, not sure it will help but it won't hurt it. You might also ask in the house forum for ideas

Old 06-07-2012, 05:05 PM

well they vacuumed out the lines. It seems better- but Ill wait till tonight as I had windows all open etc. I pray that was it!

Old 06-07-2012, 05:47 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,022,334 times
And how is that? Fat people don't give me asthma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
I'm a non smoker, but telling people they can't smoke outside is the equivalent to telling fat people they can't be outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay