Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 09:18 PM

77 posts, read 123,936 times

Advertisements

Safety Harbor is nice along the water but many areas off the water are run down old and sketchy. Check out New Tampa area and Hunters Green Community. Gated, master planned community with tons of kids. On our circle street our kid is out playing with 5-6 neighborhood kids a day on low traffic street. Several communities within the community. Traffic anywhere in Pinellas County is horrendous. New Tampa has newer homes with lots of growth, zoning, etc. However, we are 25-45 minutes from downtown. More space out here, tree's, parks, etc. Pinellas has the beaches however, but with that comes insane traffic and bad infrastructure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 11:52 PM

237 posts, read 391,871 times
I think most families are migrating along SR54 from Trinity > Land O Lakes > Wesley Chapel > New Tampa.

Lots of family neighborhoods going up of all types of prices and along with them a whole new infrastructure.

Forget Pinellas, its a dump and overrated unless you like living in or near trailer parks and geezers.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:29 AM

56 posts, read 82,133 times
Default Relocated on New Years

My family and I just moved here on New Years. I was offered a job Dec20th , came to find a rental Dec 22nd found one and moved on the 1st and began work on the 6th.

We found a home in South Tampa in the Bayshore Beautiful neighborhood, I love it. I am not big on what people say about schools, I came from traveling with the military and my kids have been in Virginia schools which are supposed to be great and I disagree and Mississippi schools which are supposed to be the worst, I disagree. I believe education begins and ends in the home so schools are not a deal breaker for me.

I have four kids 18 (in college) 13, 4 and 3. Like I said I love South Tampa, I am 10 min from anythin I need, I have shopping 2 min each way, Bayshore within walking distance, the YMCA (great place) in walking distance and even better my job about a 7 min hop, skip and a jump away!

So if you want to know my experience after only being here 12 days I would be ahppy to share, but for us so far so good!

Old 01-12-2014, 03:12 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd711 View Post
My family and I just moved here on New Years. I was offered a job Dec20th , came to find a rental Dec 22nd found one and moved on the 1st and began work on the 6th.

We found a home in South Tampa in the Bayshore Beautiful neighborhood, I love it. I am not big on what people say about schools, I came from traveling with the military and my kids have been in Virginia schools which are supposed to be great and I disagree and Mississippi schools which are supposed to be the worst, I disagree. I believe education begins and ends in the home so schools are not a deal breaker for me.

I have four kids 18 (in college) 13, 4 and 3. Like I said I love South Tampa, I am 10 min from anythin I need, I have shopping 2 min each way, Bayshore within walking distance, the YMCA (great place) in walking distance and even better my job about a 7 min hop, skip and a jump away!

So if you want to know my experience after only being here 12 days I would be ahppy to share, but for us so far so good!
That's great I hope the job and new home works out. Welcome to Tampa.!!

Old 01-12-2014, 10:15 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,317,925 times
Quote:
I believe education begins and ends in the home so schools are not a deal breaker for me.
OK .... but you moved into the #1 school district in the entire Gulf Coast of Florida.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:25 AM

28 posts, read 32,108 times
Quote:

It is nice to read a positive thread. We are planning a move this June and would like to find a rental in South Tampa for the first year. We have three children 18 (starting college) 15 and 9. Did you rent a home or a townhouse/condo? How many bedrooms? In a perfect world I love to find a 4 bedroom house with a seperate in-law living quarters to rent (father is moving with us as well). I really like the Bayshore Beautiful area.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:01 PM

152 posts, read 478,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8reedd View Post
Question: Safety Harbor is a favorite among locals and is highly recommended for families. The discrepancy is that the elementary school does not have good test score ratings. Is this recommendation based on the assumption that kiddos are in a private school?
I can't comment on the private schools near Safety Harbor, but wanted to note that we ended up living in Tierra Verde and love it! The proximity to beaches and the activities of downtown St Pete is great! St Pete Beach is also fun. We are deciding on private school but it's looking like it will be Shorecrest. That is probably too far from Safety Harbor. Good luck to all of you!

Old 01-21-2014, 05:13 AM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:

If you can afford it great! but prepare for the summer rains..

Old 01-21-2014, 09:14 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,174,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dystopian View Post
I think most families are migrating along SR54 from Trinity > Land O Lakes > Wesley Chapel > New Tampa.

Lots of family neighborhoods going up of all types of prices and along with them a whole new infrastructure.

Forget Pinellas, its a dump and overrated unless you like living in or near trailer parks and geezers.
I would forget LOL; feels like it's out in the boonies, too inland (gets real hot in the summer), there's a smell of manure in the air from nearby cow fields and too far away from the beaches, the real FL living.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:52 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,799,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanne0626 View Post
I can't comment on the private schools near Safety Harbor, but wanted to note that we ended up living in Tierra Verde and love it! The proximity to beaches and the activities of downtown St Pete is great! St Pete Beach is also fun. We are deciding on private school but it's looking like it will be Shorecrest. That is probably too far from Safety Harbor. Good luck to all of you!
Shorecrest is a GREAT school! I know one of the 2nd grade teachers there and she is amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay