Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 06:57 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times

Advertisements

You might want to check out the Thomas Edison house in Ft. Meyers if you get down that way. Very interesting place, they have light bulbs that still work he made.
Go to Longboat Key too in Sarasota. Beautiful drive and the water is gorgeous with the palm tree lined area. Reminded me of Hawaii or at least what I imagined Hawaii might look like.. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 04:36 PM

817 posts, read 2,004,306 times
Longboat Key/Lido is really nice,.. and we liked Sarasota... as it is a real city and beats St Pete... ok ok... not both of us,, but the soon to be Mrs. liked Sarasota better,,, I like Pinella Cty better as more rural.

Will check out Sarasota for 1-2 days then Tampa...

And Yes I heard about the bulb still working,,,, but not on our itinerary so far,, we are neighborhood hunting

Old 10-06-2007, 05:55 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
The only bad thing about Sarasota is during snowbird season the traffic is bad. They usually arrive around the first of Nov and leave in March or April. There are areas in Sarasota that might fit your needs, maybe someone from that area will chime in..

Old 10-06-2007, 06:53 PM

817 posts, read 2,004,306 times
What did surprise me was Sarasota's HIGH crime rate compared to the national average... way ... way... wayyyy higher.... GULP.

Hey no pansies here... I was brought up on the streets in NYC (Brooklyn) and feel safe in NYC, which interestingly is a lot safer than Sarasota crime rate wise. But true NYC has become one of the safer cities in the U.S.

But anyway... with comments on Sarasota's high crime rate Please ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay