Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 06:40 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times

Advertisements

Yes... a new car, small boat, a few cruises, no mortgage and no taxes with a lot left over.

\
\
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
That buys a lot of powerball tickets, or lawn gnomes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 04:57 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
I have had photo-shoots in Ozona, and it is nice and quiet, old type Florida and NOT subdivision world by any means. There are properties that have been turned from shack to mansion there, but in a good way. You WILL have to see it for yourself...I can't tell you that you'll like it, 'I' like it...but its not convenient to Tampa in any way, shape or form...the traffic will drive YOU insane if you plan on commuting daily from there to anywhere in Tampa.

Ozona is only convenient if you worked somewhere off US-19 in Palm Harbor.

Last edited by Sunscape; 09-06-2012 at 05:06 AM..

Old 09-06-2012, 09:01 AM

892 posts, read 1,577,267 times
Ozona.........lots of big houses on very shallow water occupied by many rednecks with money. Plenty of confederate flags hanging on the smaller houses on side streets that have been there for years.

Jacked up golf carts with knobby tires abound. Home of the "ozona pig" bar-b-q restuarant and Molly Goodheads as well.....kind of an old school "florida cracker" type place with sea food.

Very southern coastal vibe about it. Houses are way over priced IMO based on the lack of a beach or beach access/views and the lack of water depth limits your ability to get your boat out (for some) during low tide.

IMO....I would take a smaller house on one of the beaches/barrier islands for a "cleaner" sea breeze and beach views/access.....or a place like island estates in Clearwater for deeper water/dockage for your boat if you have one.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:24 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
Ozona.........lots of big houses on very shallow water occupied by many rednecks with money. Plenty of confederate flags hanging on the smaller houses on side streets that have been there for years.

Jacked up golf carts with knobby tires abound. Home of the "ozona pig" bar-b-q restuarant and Molly Goodheads as well.....kind of an old school "florida cracker" type place with sea food.

Very southern coastal vibe about it. Houses are way over priced IMO based on the lack of a beach or beach access/views and the lack of water depth limits your ability to get your boat out (for some) during low tide.

IMO....I would take a smaller house on one of the beaches/barrier islands for a "cleaner" sea breeze and beach views/access.....or a place like island estates in Clearwater for deeper water/dockage for your boat if you have one.
Great assessment! I would add there is virtually nothing different you get in Ozona that you can't in the adjoining Dunedin and Palm Harbor except overpriced little houses.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:26 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post

That is exactly my view on the place.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:42 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
I like Ozona from what I've seen of the place. I must have missed the side streets with the confederate flags and jacked up golf carts. That would have definitely turned me off on the place. I like that it's off the beaten path, but so close to Palm Harbor, Dunedin, and Honeymoon Island.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:55 AM

892 posts, read 1,577,267 times
I should clarify.....the jacked up golf carts with the knobby tires, ect are owned by the people with the big, fancy houses.

There is a very "high tech red neck" vibe about the place.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:25 PM

226 posts, read 339,729 times
LOL "high tech red neck". THat cracked me up. Hey, I'm currently living right outside ATL...we have our share of those and everything else ha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay