Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 08:54 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,127,272 times

Advertisements

Just got back from Las Vegas for a family member's wedding. I've been to Vegas around a dozen times. I have always enjoyed it and always thought it was a great place. This is my first time visiting to Vegas since living in Tampa.

Vegas is no longer a destination I will be seeking again. I have become too used to my warm winters and humid air. Vegas had highs in the mid 50's with lows in the mid 30's. The air was so dry all I did was drink water and put on chapstick... constantly. I missed my Tampa climate and am sooooo glad to be back.

Yep, just another experience that I have had to confirm moving to Tampa was the right move for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 09:52 AM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,824,441 times
That has got to be a great feeling. Good for you!

Old 02-25-2013, 09:52 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Visited there twice over the last two years (Feb and Sept). Never really got off the strip other than to see the Grand Canyon. Can't say that it's a place I'll like to live - and both times I was happy to leave. I'd rather live in Reno if I had to choose.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:19 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,910,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Just got back from Las Vegas for a family member's wedding. I've been to Vegas around a dozen times. I have always enjoyed it and always thought it was a great place. This is my first time visiting to Vegas since living in Tampa.

Vegas is no longer a destination I will be seeking again. I have become too used to my warm winters and humid air. Vegas had highs in the mid 50's with lows in the mid 30's. The air was so dry all I did was drink water and put on chapstick... constantly. I missed my Tampa climate and am sooooo glad to be back.

Yep, just another experience that I have had to confirm moving to Tampa was the right move for me.
Welcome back to paradise!

It's great hearing from so many people who love and "appreciate" the Tampa Bay area.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:37 AM

1,572 posts, read 1,562,490 times
My lone visit to Tampa was in the middle of September 2009. Nice having Steinbrenner Field and Raymond James Stadium along Dale Mabry Highway, across from each other. Too bad the humidity was ungodly unbearable!

Old 02-25-2013, 01:07 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,127,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN_224 View Post
My lone visit to Tampa was in the middle of September 2009. Nice having Steinbrenner Field and Raymond James Stadium along Dale Mabry Highway, across from each other. Too bad the humidity was ungodly unbearable!

LOL - Yep June - Sept are the most unbearable months IMO. With August and Sept being the the worst.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
LOL - Yep June - Sept are the most unbearable months IMO. With August and Sept being the the worst.
While heat and humidity do not bother me, I actually love it, I just tell people who are sensitive to it to just treat it like winter in a cold part of the country. I have lived in places with brutally cold and long winters and just about no one ventured outside, except to get to a location. So it would just be in reverse and for a shorter time down here. But even then, I am willing to bet a lot of people who are sensitive to heat and humidity could still find some mornings and evenings tolerable, whereas the same usually cannot be said in cold parts of the country....from my experience. YMMV

Old 02-25-2013, 01:33 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,249,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
While heat and humidity do not bother me, I actually love it, I just tell people who are sensitive to it to just treat it like winter in a cold part of the country. I have lived in places with brutally cold and long winters and just about no one ventured outside, except to get to a location. So it would just be in reverse and for a shorter time down here. But even then, I am willing to bet a lot of people who are sensitive to heat and humidity could still find some mornings and evenings tolerable, whereas the same usually cannot be said in cold parts of the country....from my experience. YMMV
You must have lived in the city or something where there was nothing to do if everyone stayed inside all winter. Since we've had all this snow there's been a steady stream of vehicles coming up from states south of here. The ski areas are setting all kinds of attendence records, snowmobile rental places are running out of machines to rent, the hotels and motels are running out of rooms. I'm sure they'll hate to see the warmer weather come. But then we have 3 more seasons with different activities for each. No place is perfect?

Old 02-25-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
You must have lived in the city or something where there was nothing to do if everyone stayed inside all winter. Since we've had all this snow there's been a steady stream of vehicles coming up from states south of here. The ski areas are setting all kinds of attendence records, snowmobile rental places are running out of machines to rent, the hotels and motels are running out of rooms. I'm sure they'll hate to see the warmer weather come. But then we have 3 more seasons with different activities for each. No place is perfect?
We are not skiers and most people there were not. Most would only go outside to snowblow and then run back inside and drink themselves to sleep or just watch TV. So many people suffered from the winter blues. A lot of alcoholism and drug use from being depressed and bored.

We wanted no part of that and moved south. We are warm weather outdoors people.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:29 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,249,220 times
That must have been a very sad place to live. Now i understand your enthusiasm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: