Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 07:15 PM

2 posts, read 1,738 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody,
Im 26 yrs old and moved from Germany a couple weeks ago to Tampa. Its hard for me to find friends up here cause i dont have a car yet
I would love to meet new people and make some friends up here for shopping, beach, clubbing, movies etc. Im a fun person and I would just love to be around some ppl my age to hangout with.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Keeper; 03-01-2013 at 06:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 07:06 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
Do you work or are you in school? That is the best way to meet people.

There are meetup groups where you can meet people who like to do the same things from eating out or other events. You also need to be careful as there are some not so nice people out there so be sure you go in a group or at least with someone you trust. You will need a car to do most things in Tampa

Old 03-01-2013, 07:44 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Grüß dich - be careful about posting these kinds of friend requests on the internet - you never know what kind of whackjob is out there. We in Tampa have our share.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:59 AM

55 posts, read 150,078 times
I am pretty new here, I would also recommend meetup groups- Ive met fun people in other cities (I have moved around a bit). Fortunately I work for a company that hires a lot of young professional types- so my transition to Tampa is easy. I also chose an apartment complex (The Cove) in South Tampa that I knew would be full of young/fun adults to meet. You may want to consider something like that if you havent found a permanent residence.

If you need advice, you can shoot me an IM and I can try to steer you in the right direction. Ive only been here since October so I'm a few months ahead of you in building a base of friends. I may be able to help a little bit.

Good luck!

Old 03-01-2013, 03:08 PM

2 posts, read 1,738 times
Hey thanks everybody,
Yea I know i gotta be careful but I really need to try at least. I really have almost no other option. I stay with a family cause I am a nanny. The family lives in a complex which is full of MOMS or older people and even my family doesnt leave the complex a lot. I joined a fitness club last week, hope to make friends over there too.

I will keep tryin. And hope to get a car soon!!

Old 03-01-2013, 05:06 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_dish View Post
I am pretty new here, I would also recommend meetup groups- Ive met fun people in other cities (I have moved around a bit). Fortunately I work for a company that hires a lot of young professional types- so my transition to Tampa is easy. I also chose an apartment complex (The Cove) in South Tampa that I knew would be full of young/fun adults to meet. You may want to consider something like that if you havent found a permanent residence.

If you need advice, you can shoot me an IM and I can try to steer you in the right direction. Ive only been here since October so I'm a few months ahead of you in building a base of friends. I may be able to help a little bit.

Good luck!
The Cove is a great place to meet people or at least it use to be. They had some great parties for the residents, plus you have the sunset group and the pool by the bay was always full of people on the weekend. We made some very good friends while we lived there.

It will be harder for the OP since she doesn't have a car or live in a place where young people gather

Old 03-01-2013, 05:14 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
In most places in Germany, you can survive without a car and use public transportation. Here - not even close to Europe.

Hopefully, OP can find ways to get herself to places around the area - having a car isn't cheap (insurance, gas, maintenance).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay