Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 05:39 PM

2 posts, read 14,868 times

Advertisements

Concerned about noise level, area gangs, etc.
Can someone help me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 05:55 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,606,138 times
It's a large community in a rural area. You should be aware that Chinese Drywall has been reported in several, but not all, of the houses. Make sure you get a satisfactory report before you move in.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:09 PM

2 posts, read 14,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
It's a large community in a rural area. You should be aware that Chinese Drywall has been reported in several, but not all, of the houses. Make sure you get a satisfactory report before you move in.
Thank you, how do I know if it will be used? House is not built yet so should I be asking now before it's too late to back out? tks again.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:17 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,606,138 times
Sorry, my bad! Chinese Drywall was used at the height of the building frenzy from ~2002-2006. It isn't used any more. Your new home won't have it.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:14 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,308,613 times
Not much to worry about in Ruskin. If there is any noise, it would be along the Tamiami Trail, but Ruskin dies after the sun goes down, except if you're at the drive-in. I wouldn't worry about gangs, really. There may be some petty migrant-related gangs, but you never really hear about them, if they even exist at all.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:16 AM

265 posts, read 975,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
I wouldn't worry about gangs, really. There may be some petty migrant-related gangs, but you never really hear about them, if they even exist at all.
As an Ruskin/Apollo Beach resident, I can assure you this statement is incorrect. Following the housing market crash the area has become inundated with renters and Section 8 housing. Apollo/Ruskin certainly isnt Compton or the Bronx, but there most certainly are thugs and there has been a rash of burglaries over the past two years. My community has had no less than 6 homes burglarized in the past year, including my own..

I love Apollo/Ruskin, but be assured you arent moving to Mayberry...

Old 07-21-2010, 03:21 AM

24 posts, read 68,055 times
Default Incorporated??

What is the $300 "monthly escrow" Ryland Homes is telling me has to be paid because Ruskin in unincorporated? Who gets the money and what does it cover?

I was this close to purchasing on the spot until I heard about this "tax"

Old 07-21-2010, 09:10 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,068,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltznucs View Post
As an Ruskin/Apollo Beach resident, I can assure you this statement is incorrect. Following the housing market crash the area has become inundated with renters and Section 8 housing. Apollo/Ruskin certainly isnt Compton or the Bronx, but there most certainly are thugs and there has been a rash of burglaries over the past two years. My community has had no less than 6 homes burglarized in the past year, including my own..

Based on what I heard and what I've seen driving through Ruskin.. Avoid.
Avoid there. It seems like its a smaller version of Palmetto to me.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:16 PM

24 posts, read 68,055 times
Default North Port

Can anyone compare North Port to Apollo Beach/Ruskin & Bradenton.

Thanks

Old 08-17-2010, 04:53 PM

6 posts, read 21,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltznucs View Post

I would have to agree with wiltznucs. This is what I've heard and seen about the area. It's too bad. Some of the builders there are offering great deals to entice buyers. But as a general real estate agent, I worry about what will happen to their home values (not to mention their personal safety). It just seems that there must be some equally good options in safer areas.

If you know anyone who worked for the Census in that area. Ask them what they saw in some of the communities there. But be discreet

Last edited by HidnFox; 08-17-2010 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: wrong name for poster of original response
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay