Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2013, 05:05 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,660 times

Advertisements

It's a fact of the real estate business, as in any other, that good realtors will survive and make a good living and bad ones won't.
The ones who are late in answering your calls, if they answer them at all, and are economical with the truth, if they're not actually lying to your face, will always struggle.
I've dealt with one realtor who was everything I've described above and another who was the complete opposite.
Guess which one makes a good living ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 05:26 AM

641 posts, read 1,020,682 times
Just heard on the news this morning information about the flood insurance hike. Supposedly, this is going to cause investors to flee (more costs) and less people to buy stunting the "recovery".

Old 10-23-2013, 05:38 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,805,690 times
I don't see how flood insurance will make investors leave because most of them buy with cash and don't really need this insurance, right?

Old 10-23-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I don't see how flood insurance will make investors leave because most of them buy with cash and don't really need this insurance, right?
Not sure how it works, maybe becuase they wont be able to "flip" the property to real buyers who cant afford the insurance? Just heard it on 10 NEWS this morning.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:25 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,805,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
Not sure how it works, maybe becuase they wont be able to "flip" the property to real buyers who cant afford the insurance? Just heard it on 10 NEWS this morning.
Most investors who bought anything within last year got it as rental properties. This new insurance will affect real buyers for sure. Are there any maps to show what areas will be affected?

Old 10-23-2013, 07:38 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
When they say big investors they mean corporations not some dude that saved 40k and its buying a shack cash to flip, prior to investors committing to buying properties to rent they do an analysis part of that is a risk assessment one of the risks is flooding/hurricanes etc, they would insure those properties in order to mitigate that risk, if that insurance is more expensive it just changes that equation of how much money they can make possibly not making it their while.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:08 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Most "smart" investors never bought homes in Flood zones anyway. Their criteria's didn't incl. that!

Old 10-23-2013, 08:09 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
When they say big investors they mean corporations not some dude that saved 40k and its buying a shack cash to flip, prior to investors committing to buying properties to rent they do an analysis part of that is a risk assessment one of the risks is flooding/hurricanes etc, they would insure those properties in order to mitigate that risk, if that insurance is more expensive it just changes that equation of how much money they can make possibly not making it their while.
This.

Also, I believe I read that their plan was to sell the properties when the value increases.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:19 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
This.

Also, I believe I read that their plan was to sell the properties when the value increases.
Many have a multiple year plan not a few months plan like some local small investors had and now are facing to deal with 2 appraisals if they want to flip right away and a buyer needs a mortgage.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:31 AM

Just spoke with a coworker about this who lives in Valrico, she said they re-zoned her last year for a flood zone because she is across the street from a retention pond and her insurance went up $1400...coincidence? Seems someone high up had a plan to make their corporate buddys in the insurance industry more money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay