Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2013, 09:36 PM

25 posts, read 45,666 times

Advertisements

Moving down to Clearwater/St. Pete area and looking for a condo with the following.

Hot tub
Pool
Weight Room
2 Beds 1 Bath or something close to that
Safe Area
Under 60k
I don't care if it needs a little bit of work (I rebuild houses) but obviously the better condition the better for me

What do you guys think?? Any areas in particular I should look for? TY so much for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 10:52 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,699,605 times
I don't know if you'll find anything around here in that price range...

Old 11-03-2013, 08:22 AM

25 posts, read 45,666 times
Do you guys know of any areas I should consider??

Old 11-03-2013, 08:30 AM

1,409 posts, read 2,740,279 times
It would be easier if you were looking at 55+ communities I think. There are developments here in Dunedin where you might get something for that price.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:06 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,951,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylePac View Post
Moving down to Clearwater/St. Pete area and looking for a condo with the following.

Hot tub
Pool
Weight Room
Safe Area
Under 60k
I don't care if it needs a little bit of work (I rebuild houses) but obviously the better condition the better for me

What do you guys think?? Any areas in particular I should look for? TY so much for any help!
I've been looking around online, I'm in NJ. Have you used Trulia.com. It's great. Try searching Clearwater , Countryside area. I don't know about St Pete. I always vacationed in Clearwater Beach.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:51 PM

145 posts, read 229,587 times
I'll say what most others said or are thinking. "It is not going to happen in that price range"! What kills the deal is the "Safe area" requirement.

Try $100k with maybe $450 HOA for all you want? How do I know? I just did this gig last April and that is what it cost. I'll snoop around for you to try and help but I don't think it will be promising. Maybe rent until you can save up and increase your purchase price range?

Old 11-04-2013, 10:02 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,951,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinballdad View Post
I'll say what most others said or are thinking. "It is not going to happen in that price range"! What kills the deal is the "Safe area" requirement.

Try $100k with maybe $450 HOA for all you want? How do I know? I just did this gig last April and that is what it cost. I'll snoop around for you to try and help but I don't think it will be promising. Maybe rent until you can save up and increase your purchase price range?
With that price, what areas are you talking about? From reading on here, I just know to stay away from NPR west of hwy 19. A lot of crime around 19 area. Not sure about Palm Harbor, Dunedin or Clearwater. I believe Dunedin and Countryside in Clearwater are good and Safety Harbor are good areas. Agree?

Old 11-04-2013, 10:36 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,242,310 times
Smile See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylePac View Post

Hot tub
Pool
Weight Room
Safe Area
Under 60k

Look on FannieMae HomePath.com. Some of these need work but no appraisal needed. 5% down even for a condo; 10% for investment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay