Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 07:28 AM

325 posts, read 441,685 times

Advertisements

OK, so there has been some comment on the Validity of some posts here as to whether or not they are truly meaningful and informative, or just posts for the sake of posting. I have an idea. If posts are somewhat graded as to their relevance by reputation then the ratio of reputation to the number of posts would be somewhat indicative of the worth of a particular poster's posts! Right? Lets conduct a fun, rainy day experiment. If you divide the posters # of posts by the reputation points then you would have the post/ rep ratio. Right? I'll start. Mine would look like this....#of posts (104) divided by rep points (234) = rep ratio of .444. That means that it has taken me .444 posts per rep point! Not Bad. Try it and see what your Rep Ratio is!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 08:15 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,224,561 times
Unless I'm mistaken, the rep points aren't a 1 for 1 ratio. Your first posting will get you 10 points and the more reps you get, the larger the amount of points per rep.... I think.

Annie could explain it better.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:57 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWMachineshop View Post
OK, so there has been some comment on the Validity of some posts here as to whether or not they are truly meaningful and informative, or just posts for the sake of posting. I have an idea. If posts are somewhat graded as to their relevance by reputation then the ratio of reputation to the number of posts would be somewhat indicative of the worth of a particular poster's posts! Right? Lets conduct a fun, rainy day experiment. If you divide the posters # of posts by the reputation points then you would have the post/ rep ratio. Right? I'll start. Mine would look like this....#of posts (104) divided by rep points (234) = rep ratio of .444. That means that it has taken me .444 posts per rep point! Not Bad. Try it and see what your Rep Ratio is!!
I rep'd you because it sounds like you're feeling a little down today and feel that you're under appreciated. However, this post might be considered drivel. BTW, I think I'm at .453.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:28 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,404 times
Quote:
No, your math is not correct you actually has 0.439 post per reps .

Old 11-02-2013, 09:29 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,049,622 times
I don't much care just sharing my thoughts- have fun!

Old 11-02-2013, 09:49 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,054 times
Here's a good explanation of the rep Points system:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/13229621-post3.html

Old 11-02-2013, 10:35 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,224,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
Here's a good explanation of the rep Points system:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/13229621-post3.html

Thank you. My explanation wasn't even close.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:36 AM

554 posts, read 977,322 times
.669 I may not speak often but when I do, it's meaningful. BTW, someone rep this so I don't hurt my stats!!

Old 11-02-2013, 11:38 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
This is just as useless as total reps as some posters will post a lot in what I would call stroking forum where the posts are not at all useful but others stroke their ego and rep posts that add nothing for anyone.

One example would be threads exclusively for congratulating each other for their rep points where the circle continues and they rep each other for getting reps.

Then there are the posters who stick to one certain cities forum and exclusively tell everyone about how great that city is. Of course they are going to pick up a multitude of reps from that cities backers for posts that are of little value.

I know of one particular poster who, if you broke down each of his posts by word, would probably see something like this. "New" 33%, "York" 33%, "City" 33%, all other words 1%

Out of curiosity, how many reps did you receive for this post so far?

Old 11-02-2013, 11:49 AM

451 posts, read 933,697 times
ALL BASK IN THE GLORY THAT IS MY REPUTATION-TO-POST RATIO!!!!!

Kidding, I don't think people should get hung up on these silly things. Honestly, I think everyone would be well-served to chime in when they have something constructive to add to a conversation about our awesome little neck of the woods. There probably is a line that some people cross where our forum gets a bit too chatty, catty and bratty. I see it as a "virtual town hall" where we can discuss issues that are pertinent to us, and hopefully we all walk out the door a little more informed than we were when we walked. This is usually the case with me, at least-- I wouldn't have moved to my area of Tampa if I wasn't advised by people on this very forum when I lived in the Midwest.

In shorts, REPS TO EVERYONE from TheThinkTank!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: