Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 12:50 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellefort View Post
Yes we too were dropped from Allstate never putting in a claim. Our premium is now with Royal Palm which was taking over most Allstate claims but they were the cheapest for us even though our premium went $900. So far i'm a little worried just with their billing plan. We signed on for the 4 payment plan and after making our first payment, they billed us for the entire balance to be paid in full.... well since we had the money aside, we paid the balance in full only to get another bill the following month for an additional $200 because they said our house was under insurance according to their home inspector who never stepped foot inside my home. They required to insure us for $25,000 more than what the bank requited just 2 months prior. Just call around and see who's writing new policies.. that's all you can do.
I am sorry but I would never do business with Royal Palm.Allstate when they dropped us said Royal Palm would take over but when we called Royal palm they said they couldn't tell us how much they would charge until 30 days prior to Aug 5th when our Allstate policy would be dropped.Still do not understand that. So we then went to Tower hill in May cancelled Allstate and got the refund check. A few weeks before Aug 5th we got a policy from Royal Palm and when we called they said you can't cancel. We told them we cancelled Allstate a few months back and even got a refund check they did not want to listen. We then called up our bank to tell them if they got a bill from anyother ins co not to pay it and sure enough Royal Palm tried to bill them.The bank wrote them a letter saying we already had an ins co and they would not pay them. This CO is something else and they also for the same coverage we got from tower Hill would have charged us a lot more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2007, 04:44 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
CJ FLORIDA,

Why are you stating that Hanover is not having Hurricane coverage? I have Hanover and do have Hurricane coverage. Maybe it has to do with where you home is located? I even got Hurricane deductibles because my home is build according the new Hurricane building code. I'm also covered against sinkhole damage, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay