Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 01:09 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Turn arounds happen when things get so bad that the cheap prices attract investors. Investors start renting properties and people start moving in. Then comes the grocery, the hair stylist, etc. Next thing you know you have a thriving community again.

Look at parts of Brooklyn NY - Bed-Sty, Bushwick, Red Hook, Park Slope. All totally opposite from the way they were 20 years ago.
Renters is what has hurt west Pasco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 03:58 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I think homeowners will help Holiday...not so much renters...as far as parts of Brooklyn and gentrification...buyers got priced out of Manhatten...so they flocked to Brooklyn and Hoboken for it's proximity to a world capital...without the prohibitive cost...
Haha. Yes, homeowners is what makes or breaks a place. Renters just dont have any long term commitments to an area.

You think they got priced out of Manhattan, do you know what those dumb dumbs are paying for rent in places like Bushwick, Bed Sty, Williamsburg. It is insane.

Old 05-10-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Renters can kill anywhere they are in great numbers because of the lack of investment in an area.
They can always pack up and go elsewhere. It is the homeowners that are the anchors of
an area. Those who have made the investment and want to keep an area nice.

Old 05-10-2014, 08:36 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Haha. Yes, homeowners is what makes or breaks a place. Renters just dont have any long term commitments to an area.

You think they got priced out of Manhattan, do you know what those dumb dumbs are paying for rent in places like Bushwick, Bed Sty, Williamsburg. It is insane.
It's insane by Florida standards...but not by Manhatten prices...1,000,000 will get you nothing in Manhatten...but take that to Brooklyn and you will live nicely...anyone who can drop a million on a home is no dumb dumb...

Old 05-11-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
It's insane by Florida standards...but not by Manhatten prices...1,000,000 will get you nothing in Manhatten...but take that to Brooklyn and you will live nicely...anyone who can drop a million on a home is no dumb dumb...

how true. but those hipsters who commute on the subway each day and are paying 2k or so for rent in Bushwick or Williamsburg arent too bright in my opinion.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:19 AM

10 posts, read 13,915 times
Default data on Holiday Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If you ever wonder why they call it City-Data? heres a somewhat current accumulation of data on Holiday Fla.
http://www.city-data.com/city/Holiday-Florida.html

Thanks for the link... can also go to crimereports.com ... put in Holiday Florida. Can get the crimes reported during the last month and location. I am a retired teacher and have graphed these reports on Holiday for the last 4 years. The decline is astounding. The perception of high crime is not reality. There is crime but interesting to compare Holiday to other locations. There is crime everywhere. The sheriff does a great job of responding. I haven't called for a crime but accidently set off my burglar alarm. A very professional deputy was at my door in less than 5 minutes.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:50 AM

10 posts, read 13,915 times
Smile Totally agree ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Since you are new on this forum let me give you some quick background about some negative posters. Some lost money during the housing crisis and they have nothing left than to bash the area where their money vaporized.

They may not have the means to buy and be an investor which we have seen a lot or bought perhaps too many or bought them on the top of the market for crazy prices while the person who received the money laughed all the way to the bank.

That is called doing business and some are bad business people while others are smart.

Some people realize that being "underwater" is a term on paper unless you sell. Some people live in their homes for decades and have seen values go up and down and go up again and aren't too bothered by that since they live and enjoy where they live.

A "bad" neighborhood is also something to give a second thought. In our neighborhood we had some rotten apples, mostly teenagers with parents who never cared about their kids. It seems to go hand in hand with non payment of HOA dues and no mortgage payments and that helped us all getting rid after a few years when their homes were foreclosed on and we were released from these rotten apples after their school also kicked them out.

Than we have Pasco sheriff and their deputies who are amazing in cleaning up areas where some rotten apples settled.

A neighborhood can be great but when a nut case moves in it can change.

We all have seen about the murder in Tampa Palms, murders in Avilla (2 different murder scenes in 2 years) aside from domestic violence in March by a Bucs players brother in what is considered a very nice community and very safe.

Of course that is not the crime we see related to drugs (meth), etc. but it would help if neighbors would act faster when homes are abandoned and squatters can and will move in and making the area less desirable.

When the house next door was abandoned due to deed in lieu and for 2 years the bank was doing nothing we and another neighbor mowed the lawn, some parked their car in the driveway to make it look like someone lived there.

Is it nice that the bank gets an easy pass on the maintenance, "heck NO" and should the bank be held liable, absolutely and that is why the law changed. But unfortunately home owners need to stand up and speak up to get their streets nice and get bullies and drug abusers out of their neighborhood.

IMO if you want to help someone begging for money on a street corner than give him a sandwich and a drink...not money so they can buy alcohol and drugs. With giving money you enable them not to work for their money. Many of tem are sex offenders and if you check the sex offender website you can see how many we have due to the nice weather.

Keep in mind that many young people don't make more than minimum wages and some on these street corners make more in 20 min. with doing nothing other than standing in the warm weather....

This is so correct! Pasco County has code enforcement officers that deliver citations to houses that don't conform to county standards. If they don't correct the violation, there is a fine to the owner ... including banks. Code Enforcement officers are doing a great job. The Beacon Square Civic Association has an active Code Enforcement and Neighborhood beautification group that meets the first Thursday in the month. Understand when this group started growing and the county rules changed on reporting, there were over 400 violations reported a month ... not so many now. EVERYONE is invited. Be a part of the revolution that has taken back our neighborhood.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:56 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Renters help avoid squatters and unfortunately due to the economy more people need a rental and most renters are very good people.

It is due to home owners who don't do background checks that in some rentals bad people who can't afford he place or have other intentions will move in.

These bad tenants wouldn't be able to move in if some home owners would respect their property more and would consider long term consequences over short term.

We hardly have any issues with the majority of the rentals. We have know one who is causing an issue and has not paid and claims doesn't want to pay so we filing for eviction today and she will be out a.s.a.p. and in Pasco that will be faster than she realizes.

I'm glad that in my neighborhood most homes are occupied, I just wish more people would do good background checks. Luckily our HOA will cancel the key to the pool for none HOA payers so they either have to pay or their tenants will not have access either. It is now less crowded at the pool and often almost empty.

For tenants who this happens to the only thing is to go through a company who will use the rent to pay the HOA dues and the remainder goes to the owner so tenants will have access. We have done that in the past when owners without disclosing it stopped paying the HOA but demanded the rent payment. They learned they received less due to us paying the HOA first. Happy tenants and in the end owners who did a short sale since they understood that it is not just collecting rent and not paying.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:41 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
how true. but those hipsters who commute on the subway each day and are paying 2k or so for rent in Bushwick or Williamsburg arent too bright in my opinion.
Foolish maybe...but being able to afford $2000 and up I doubt they're stupid...

Old 05-13-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Foolish maybe...but being able to afford $2000 and up I doubt they're stupid...
I used the term "dumb dumbs". I doubt they are "stupid' by any degree, but to pay $24,000 dollars
a year to live in an abode that you will never have any ownership in is in my opinion dumb. In 5 years
that is over $100,000.00.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay