Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 10:54 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,186,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Dead on. Guy has caused more members to leave this site than anyone else. Time this thread gets locked up.
I'd hate to see the thread get locked up, it can be interesting and informative.

As to the guy, here's the thing. Internet pizzing matches are a complete waste of time, energy and emotion and if the truth be told, he's going through a very rough time and I probably started the little flame war with my Ralph comment, so I'm the one to blame for this. I don't want to contribute to the tough times he's going through, life's hard enough, so I apologize if I have offended, belittled or upset him, and I wish him the best in his difficult journey. It's easy to be flippant and criticize when you've not walked in another's shoes. I have to give the guy props in trying to keep a positive mental attitude in the face of extreme pain and adversity.

I would ask the mods to delete any of my disparaging comments, it's just not worth it to cause another pain, however much I may have bristled at the shots he took at me.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:58 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
I'd hate to see the thread get locked up, it can be interesting and informative.

As to the guy, here's the thing. Internet pizzing matches are a complete waste of time, energy and emotion and if the truth be told, he's going through a very rough time and I probably started the little flame war with my Ralph comment, so I'm the one to blame for this. I don't want to contribute to the tough times he's going through, life's hard enough, so I apologize if I have offended, belittled or upset him, and I wish him the best in his difficult journey. It's easy to be flippant and criticize when you've not walked in another's shoes. I have to give the guy props in trying to keep a positive mental attitude in the face of extreme pain and adversity.

I would ask the mods to delete any of my disparaging comments, it's just not worth it to cause another pain, however much I may have bristled at the shots he took at me.
Wow! Thank you! I tried to rep you, but it said I must spread some around first. Sorry about the tin foil hat remark. I was trying to be funny, but tone is not easily conveyed in written format.

As far as this thread, I agree it is informative and important. That is why I try to post linked information and/or screenshots. It will be particularly helpful when we get tropical storms or hurricanes.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Sounds like a bunch of flat-earth talking points from vested interests. Especially since nuclear was deemed to be so safe and, you know, practical. Say, how'd that work out for Japan and Russia? Not to mention the rotting decomissioned nuke plant up in Crystal River. There's a disaster waiting to happen. Got leakage?

Old Benny Franklin was able to harness on a micro level. Where there's a will, there's a way. But the money goes elsewhere.
I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one, though I wish it was possible at this time to do what you are suggesting.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Wow! Thank you! I tried to rep you, but it said I must spread some around first. Sorry about the tin foil hat remark. I was trying to be funny, but tone is not easily conveyed in written format.

As far as this thread, I agree it is informative and important. That is why I try to post linked information and/or screenshots. It will be particularly helpful when we get tropical storms or hurricanes.
Well, the comment actually was kind of funny, as I got a mental picture of myself standing out in a cow field in the middle of Avon Park with big azz peaked tinfoil antenna hat on my head, conducting electricity, LOL. Probably why I got so pizzed, because it was a good shot you took. Hit me right in the kisser.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Well, the comment actually was kind of funny, as I got a mental picture of myself standing out in a cow field in the middle of Avon Park with big azz peaked tinfoil antenna hat on my head, conducting electricity, LOL. Probably why I got so pizzed, because it was a good shot you took. Hit me right in the kisser.
LOL! We're good. Are you ever going to accept my friend request? Pretty please.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
LOL! We're good. Are you ever going to accept my friend request? Pretty please.
Remember I wrote you and told you I don't do the "friend" thingy online anywhere with anyone and not to be offended if I didn't respond? It's just one of my quirks, reminds me of when I was in school as a kid and everyone was doing the whole popularity contest thing. When Facebook came online I avoided it like the plague, still do, it kind of creeped me out. But that's just me. There are some forums I like posting to here and there, but that's about it for me as far as social media.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:36 AM

I do have to say, though, that getting caught in the middle of a lightning storm while on the road in Florida is no joke. I've had it happen to me twice, once on 1-95 when I lived in Miami, and a few years ago on Rte 41 in Apollo Beach. When bolts are landing all around you, it can be beyond nerve wracking. Reduces me to a quivering mass of jelly, on both occasions I had to pull over and gut it out, hoping the car didn't take a hit. If I'd kept driving, I was afraid I'd get in an accident.

Old 07-15-2014, 03:05 PM

Got another one.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Tampa Bay Summer Season Weather Thread is Now Open!-image.jpg  

Old 07-15-2014, 04:20 PM

More in the gulf headed this way. We have had three bouts of rain......so far.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Tampa Bay Summer Season Weather Thread is Now Open!-image.jpg  

Old 07-15-2014, 04:26 PM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:

He started this war way back around the winter of 2013. I love beating the guy time after time. He has given so much false info to peeps on here and will do a complete 360 to whatever i say just to make himself look smart. If i said we were in a west flow he will say it's a east flow, if i said Mars was blue he would say it was black.

I think people on here know who is better when it comes to the weather and i will keep beating him until the end of time. BWT, no rain at my place again. Halfway thru the month and not much of anything. When i say i'm gonna have a dry summer you can bank on it.

Less than 5 days of rain total since the start of summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay