Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 11:55 AM

68 posts, read 145,808 times

Advertisements

I lived in Tampa during my 20's. I moved back to NY in 1999. I have since gotten married and had children. My husband and I have been planning to move out of new your for a handful of years. Raleigh, South Florida (we have family there) and Tampa have all been on and off our radar over the years for various reasons. We think we are finally ready it make a decision to move now that all of our children are school age.

I feel a huge draw to Tampa (I still have friends there). I miss the weather, all of the activities....just the area as a whole. I've been back a few times over the years and always feel "home".

I'm wondering if anyone (not originally from there) found themselves feeling the same way and ultimately returned. I completely understand that everyone's situation is different, but I'm curious if you did return, are you happy you did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 12:42 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,517 times
Slightly different situation but I grew up here, we moved out west to utah for a while and made the mistake of moving back. Now were pretty stuck here since me and my wife both have good jobs with no ability to transfer.

Your reasoning for moving is different than mine was though. Tampa is a nice place as a whole, it just depends where you move to. I live in the stonebriar subdivision in lutz and really like it, There is a huge family presence and people seem to be pretty nice generally. I would prefer utah due to the weather, terrain, people and more to do as outdoor activities.

Old 02-09-2014, 03:39 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Lived here to attend USF, then entered military without the thought of ever returning - lived in various cities/regions over two plus decades, returned because Tampa/STP area has so much to offer and the climate fits well. Only thing I miss is mountainous or at least hilly geography. Florida is pretty borning in that respect. I may leave again if the state get too congested. The cost of living is hard to beat, though. I'm getting my fill of the area and may someday move out to some other area.....

Old 02-09-2014, 03:43 PM

484 posts, read 761,169 times
I moved to Tampa when I was 23, and left when I was 31. I pretty quickly realized that Tampa really felt like *home* to me, and a few years later came back. We might wind up moving again, but for now I am pretty darn happy to be back.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:53 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,182,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Lived here to attend USF, then entered military without the thought of ever returning - lived in various cities/regions over two plus decades, returned because Tampa/STP area has so much to offer and the climate fits well. Only thing I miss is mountainous or at least hilly geography. Florida is pretty borning in that respect. I may leave again if the state get too congested. The cost of living is hard to beat, though. I'm getting my fill of the area and may someday move out to some other area.....
We're thinking the same thing. Hendersonville, NC may be in our future. Giving it a serious look. Agree about the cost of living here, though.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:58 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,049,622 times
no--- was here 1980's and little has changed with the people etc.. leaving in 2 weeks yey

Old 02-09-2014, 08:00 PM

109 posts, read 143,759 times
I wonder why those who moved away and came back why would you go back to the same area in Florida you lived? You left for a reason and I often wonder this.

If you did not like it the first time I do not think you will the second time.

Explain.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:07 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,246,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Theres some hills out by Brooksville. I think there a couple hundred feet tall.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Theres some hills out by Brooksville. I think there a couple hundred feet tall.
Closest thing I have to a hill where I live is the landfill in Gibsonton/Riverview and the Phoshate/Sulphur mountain made by Mosaic over on the east side of the Bay.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida-Dude View Post
I wonder why those who moved away and came back why would you go back to the same area in Florida you lived? You left for a reason and I often wonder this.

If you did not like it the first time I do not think you will the second time.

Explain.
Didn't move away because I didn't like the area - moved away because of life's circumstances/work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay