Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 06:43 PM

6 posts, read 8,256 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are considering moving to the Palm Harbor - East Lake or Safety Harbor.

Are there any green areas where you usually don’t meet other people and you can let a dog of the leash to run? The dog is well mannered and obedient.

For example I see on the google map a large green wooded area east of East Lake with gravel roads running through -would that be a suitable area? Any other areas?

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 06:45 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,740,010 times
There's John Chestnut Park, which is the biggest area you can see on google maps. Lots of wonderful walking trails, but you have to keep your dogs on a leash. They do have at least one fenced leash-free area. Since there are alligators in some of the ponds, I'd hate to let a dog roam.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:00 PM

232 posts, read 348,385 times
Pinellas is the most crowded county in the state. There's really nowhere you and your dog can hike off leash w/o meeting other people that I know of. There are dog parks around. You can find them online. I like John Chestnut Park. The dog park is nice with a separate big dog/small dog areas and lots of trees. The park itself is nice for walking your dog on leash. I've seen deer while walking a few times. And, yes, be very careful of fresh water with your dog.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:47 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,609,406 times
No, that's Brooker Creek Preserve...cannot let dogs run wild there!

Old 08-21-2014, 04:57 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunigal99 View Post
Pinellas is the most crowded county in the state. There's really nowhere you and your dog can hike off leash w/o meeting other people that I know of. There are dog parks around. You can find them online. I like John Chestnut Park. The dog park is nice with a separate big dog/small dog areas and lots of trees. The park itself is nice for walking your dog on leash. I've seen deer while walking a few times. And, yes, be very careful of fresh water with your dog.
Yes, John Chestnut Park is the one on East Lake Road on the banks of Lake Tarpon.....right near where we live. It is awesome.

John Chesnut Sr. Park
2200 East Lake Road
Palm Harbor, FL 34685

Pinellas County, Florida, Park & Conservation Resources - John Chesnut Sr. Park

Old 08-22-2014, 06:29 PM

6 posts, read 8,256 times
Thanks for all the replies and good input. The area we are referring to is between Brooker Creek reserve up north and a strip with high power lines to the south and between the east lake neighborhoods to the west and a strip with high power lines to the east. Actually Pine Ave N from the south is leading right into the area we are referring to. I believe Brooker Creek Reserve is only extending a short way down from 582 - as you can see the trails on the map (could be wrong as we are not locals) - but what is the green area below Brooker Creek Reserve?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay