Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 05:39 AM

293 posts, read 783,689 times

Advertisements

Currently reside in CT working in the Transportation Industry (same-day logistics). My boss loves Tampa and is tired of CT, so he's relocating our Operations Center to Tampa as we can manage our fleet from a nicer climate.

Not sure if there's anyone on these boards with a rental property but here's what we're seeking and some information about us:

WHAT WE'RE SEEKING

* 2+ bed/2 bath/1 garage
* Budget $900-1200/mo
* Pet Friendly
* Central Air
* Private Home (not interested in condos, apartments or duplexes)
* Within 20-30 minutes of Tampa International Airport
* Quiet residential/suburban area
* Washer/Dryer in home
* Move in ready for early March
* Furnished or unfurnished will be considered

ABOUT US

* Married Couple in Late 30's (celebrating 10 years this October)
* Two Neutered & Litter-Box Trained Indoor Cats
* No Children
* Non-Smokers/No Drugs
* A+++ Landlord References (one place in MA we rented close to a decade, current residence 3+ yrs)
* He is employed with same company for 3+ yrs, income in mid 40's
* She will be starting a massage therapy apprenticeship
* Presently paying $1,150/month which includes our cable and internet (but we also have to pay for our oil heat each winter)

Note: We knew we were going to be relocated, we just found out a few days ago it was much sooner than expected. As such, we presently still reside in CT but need to find a place in the Tampa area for move-in at the beginning of March.

If you have a place you feel is a good fit please send a PM, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 06:54 AM

676 posts, read 1,274,935 times
Anthony, I suggest you search using this as a start:

Houses for Rent in 33634 - Tampa, FL 33634 Rentals - realtor.com®

Best of luck on your move.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:56 AM

1,163 posts, read 2,104,851 times
I think it is going to be a challenge to find an actual home with those features (especially the garage) for $1200/mo within 20 minutes of TPA...unless it is in a less than desirable area or "up and coming" area.

It sounds like you are looking for a subdivision, as well, which will knock off South Tampa/West Tampa/Seminole Heights and the "older" neighborhoods in the area. Westchase is going to be too high. You could *possibly* try some of the older subdivisions off of Hillsborough/Memorial/Independence just northwest of TPA...but again, that price point is going to be tough.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloBeachRetiree View Post
Anthony, I suggest you search using this as a start:

Houses for Rent in 33634 - Tampa, FL 33634 Rentals - realtor.com®

Best of luck on your move.

Thanks Apollo. I've been looking at Realtor.com and on Craigslist, but figured I'd put out some feelers here too.

I've found some really nice properties in my budget in the New Port Richey area, but unfortunately that's looking at a 45+ minute commute daily and that's not ideal.

Been mostly checking Brandon, St Pete and Clearwater, but open to suggestions.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
I think it is going to be a challenge to find an actual home with those features (especially the garage) for $1200/mo within 20 minutes of TPA...unless it is in a less than desirable area or "up and coming" area.

It sounds like you are looking for a subdivision, as well, which will knock off South Tampa/West Tampa/Seminole Heights and the "older" neighborhoods in the area. Westchase is going to be too high. You could *possibly* try some of the older subdivisions off of Hillsborough/Memorial/Independence just northwest of TPA...but again, that price point is going to be tough.
Thanks for the input. 30 minutes is fine, just not looking to go beyond that (my current commute here in CT is about 12 minutes)

The garage isn't a deal breaker for us, so willing to compromise if necessary. Doesn't have to be a subdivision, we're flexible in that regard. Just looking to not have people above, below, on the sides, etc. Don't really want people on the other side of our walls that we can hear, thus the reason we're looking for a private home and not an apartment or condo.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:26 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,085,878 times
I think one compromise will have to be budget. I just rented my 3/2/2 in Seminole for almost $1700, very clean but older home (decent appliances/ac etc) lovely subdivision 70s homes, and I had folks ringing the phone off the wall for this.
2/2s are less common but they do exist in generally older single family homes, we have some locally here, my neighbor lives in one again a nice subdiv in Seminole/largo area - pays $1375/mo and its going up. Rental homes are pretty expensive if they are any good and be prepared to pay first month, last month, security deposit usually around $1000 and pet deposit IRO $500.
Consider central Pinellas county, where you can access TPA area via 3 bridges, Courtney Campbell (north end) Howard Frankland (central) and Gandy (southern) CC and HF bring you in close to TPA Gandy is better if you are working in downtown Tampa.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:31 AM

Hmmm......so budget-wise we may need to consider a townhome instead then?

Old 02-03-2015, 07:52 AM

17,570 posts, read 39,232,915 times
You may find something in or near Carrollwood or Northdale - as someone mentioned, these are nice older subdivisions in the NW are of Tampa.

Rental market in any desirable area of Florida is tough right now, not enough supply to meet demand. I think you can find something in the top end of your budget or maybe bump it up a little bit.

Good luck!

Old 02-03-2015, 08:34 AM

Aside from the commuting time, why am I finding such nice properties in New Port Richey in my budget? Are there significant crime issues or?

Old 02-03-2015, 09:22 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,624,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyfromMA View Post
Aside from the commuting time, why am I finding such nice properties in New Port Richey in my budget? Are there significant crime issues or?
Or Citrus Park; there are townhomes as well as single family homes there too, and that's even closer to the airport through Veterans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay