Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 09:35 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,915,197 times

Advertisements

Not gonna happen on that budget. At least not in an area you will want to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 10:11 AM

17,541 posts, read 39,160,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyfromMA View Post
Aside from the commuting time, why am I finding such nice properties in New Port Richey in my budget? Are there significant crime issues or?
Because NPR is the GHETTO! No place you want to live. Do a search on this forum and see what comes up, you will see what I mean.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:22 AM

293 posts, read 782,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Because NPR is the GHETTO! No place you want to live. Do a search on this forum and see what comes up, you will see what I mean.
Yup, did some googling and found all sorts of nastiness, damn. I guess it's no wonder all those really beautiful homes are available to rent for $1195/month there.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:37 AM

734 posts, read 922,013 times
Quote:
Aside from the commuting time, why am I finding such nice properties in New Port Richey in my budget? Are there significant crime issues or?
NPR is a cesspool. Period.

You may want to up your budget or lower your requirement of a SFH, unless you want to live in the ghetto. There are nice townhomes available in nicer areas closer in. I second Citrus Park.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
NPR is a cesspool. Period.

You may want to up your budget or lower your requirement of a SFH, unless you want to live in the ghetto. There are nice townhomes available in nicer areas closer in. I second Citrus Park.

We'll check into townhomes, thanks!

Old 02-03-2015, 06:39 PM

So here's a place we've been looking at. One thing that stuck out is that it's Feb 3rd and this is showing as SOLD at the bottom of the page on Jan 30th. Do you think whomever is offering to rent it to us is running a scam? https://www.redfin.com/FL/Brandon/40.../home/47207404

Old 02-03-2015, 07:02 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,102,017 times
Quote:
So here's a place we've been looking at. One thing that stuck out is that it's Feb 3rd and this is showing as SOLD at the bottom of the page on Jan 30th. Do you think whomever is offering to rent it to us is running a scam? https://www.redfin.com/FL/Brandon/40.../home/47207404
Could be the person who purchased it had sole intentions of renting it...the market right now is really favoring landlords; rental prices are sky high.

Look at the county records...see if you are talking to the same person. I see data reflecting a listing removed on 1/30/15 and listed as a short sale, so that could be a sale.

It appears the previous owner didn't live at the address either, so it could be a habitual rental/investment spot...or they were under and trying to dump it quick (short sale).

Old 02-04-2015, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
Could be the person who purchased it had sole intentions of renting it...the market right now is really favoring landlords; rental prices are sky high.

Look at the county records...see if you are talking to the same person. I see data reflecting a listing removed on 1/30/15 and listed as a short sale, so that could be a sale.

It appears the previous owner didn't live at the address either, so it could be a habitual rental/investment spot...or they were under and trying to dump it quick (short sale).

Wound up contacting the buyers agent via email last night and he replied quickly confirming we were talking with the legit owners

Old 02-04-2015, 04:59 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,615,835 times
Quote:
Be VERY CARFUL because a LOT of people place homes for "rent" but then they short sell. This happened to us, which is how we ended up buying because we had to stay in the school district.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:01 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,615,835 times
Quote:
Wound up contacting the buyers agent via email last night and he replied quickly confirming we were talking with the legit owners
Yeah, yeah, that is exactly what we were told too...Lots of scammers here; don't attach to one property and check with Hillsborough or Pasco county public records (I meant) website to check status of the property. It may say if their behind their mortgage and that can save you a lot of aggravation. Save extra money in case you have to move again after 2, 3 months...some will not return your deposit. Actually many won't...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay