Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 09:50 PM

5 posts, read 4,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
While this article is a little dated, many of the points made in it are still relevant, I believe:

Nascent nursing schools charge high costs while building credibility | Tampa Bay Times

Why would you move across the country to spend +$40k when you can go through a more mature program with a history of accomplishment at one of our local community colleges for a quarter of the cost?

Just wondering....

RM

The reason is its a 2 year program and i have no pre recs. so i am not going to waste time and go to school for another 2 years to get those done. super worth it considering the only school in cali that does batch RN is 140k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 09:55 PM

the reason that i am going to FL is because CA has 4 year waiting list and the only college that offers a RN degree is 3 years batch and its 104k.... but this is not the question people... i know whats going on with the school that is not the point. there are only 3 locations left in the country that offer 2 year ADN program. unless yall can find one that i dont already know about which ontario CA. i cant go there... or Henderson NV.. thats obviously a NO. or FL ... which i love the weather.. soooo.. anyways what neighborhood should i live in if i am single and 29 and looking for the best of everything and just renting a room

Old 05-04-2015, 11:05 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,011,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwalkcms View Post
The reason is its a 2 year program and i have no pre recs. so i am not going to waste time and go to school for another 2 years to get those done. super worth it considering the only school in cali that does batch RN is 140k
I'd be a bit worried to be handled by a nurse who thinks that the "pre reqs" are nothing more than "wasting time." You're also the first person I've ever heard of moving to Florida to go to an unaccredited institution.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:21 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,123,752 times
I think you would have a hard time getting a nurses job if your degree is from Everest. Its not a real nursing school.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:22 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I'd be a bit worried to be handled by a nurse who thinks that the "pre reqs" are nothing more than "wasting time." You're also the first person I've ever heard of moving to Florida to go to an unaccredited institution.
How important could classes for Anatomy, Chemistry and Microbiology REALLY be for an RN? It frightens me that schools like this exist.

OP, go to a REAL college, so when the time comes to go back for your BSN, which you will need sooner rather than later, you actually have credits to transfer.

Old 05-10-2015, 03:29 PM

3 posts, read 2,412 times
OP, why not go to Erwin Tech/Hillsborough Community College? I get that it's no waiting list, BUT I know for a fact you probably won't find a job with a Everest degree. My cousin graduated with a Dental Assistant certificate and he can't get hired anywhere in Georgia besides a Community Clinic that pays $10 an hr... You should definitely look into other schools, I get that you're ready to just do it, BUT PLEASE do more research. Plus if you wait a year after moving here you won't have to pay those outrageous out of state tuition fees. Good luck with everything

Old 05-10-2015, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YadaB View Post
OP, why not go to Erwin Tech/Hillsborough Community College?
And let that be the last time that HCC and Erwin Tech are lumped into the same category.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunedin View Post
Good luck in the Brandon area not much going on there compared with Pinellas county and Tampa City area. Are you already committed to this college? There are some local community programs here and they are a excelerated program for a lot less. But, back to Brandon beaches are about 45-60 mins away if you are going over to the Manatee coastline. If you stay over there Brandon might work for you, however not much is going on to the South of there. If you lived over by Tampa or Northern St Pete you could hop on the Selmon Toll road though to get to Brandon. Nothing is easy. Well good luck though.

Thank you for your response. I do not mind driving to the beach because i most likely will not have too much time for the beach anyways. I will most likely find work in tampa so i will have to drive quite a bit. How far is south tampa from brandon? i thought it was only like 15 mins.

to everyone asking about the school they are now a non for profit school and everything trans. I am going there because it is a 2 year ADN program . that is as fast as i can get it done anywhere i looked. unless you know something faster or same equivalent of 2 years ADN program than please let me know.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YadaB View Post
OP, why not go to Erwin Tech/Hillsborough Community College? I get that it's no waiting list, BUT I know for a fact you probably won't find a job with a Everest degree. My cousin graduated with a Dental Assistant certificate and he can't get hired anywhere in Georgia besides a Community Clinic that pays $10 an hr... You should definitely look into other schools, I get that you're ready to just do it, BUT PLEASE do more research. Plus if you wait a year after moving here you won't have to pay those outrageous out of state tuition fees. Good luck with everything

I will be working in a med spa in CA no one cares where my degree is from because my best friend owns her own med spa. so please everyone lets stay on track...

any who... what is erwin tech ? and how many years/ where is it located?

Old 05-12-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwalkcms View Post
Thank you for your response. I do not mind driving to the beach because i most likely will not have too much time for the beach anyways. I will most likely find work in tampa so i will have to drive quite a bit. How far is south tampa from brandon? i thought it was only like 15 mins.

to everyone asking about the school they are now a non for profit school and everything trans. I am going there because it is a 2 year ADN program . that is as fast as i can get it done anywhere i looked. unless you know something faster or same equivalent of 2 years ADN program than please let me know.
"Everest University is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), which is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education"

Guess again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay