Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 09:15 PM

16 posts, read 23,835 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone...thank to everyone who has responded to my post.

Just out of curiosity, are there areas in the Tampa Bay area or on the outskirts and not far from the beach that are less congested or touristy.. I know I know...that is Florida is about...just wondering. Everyone stop laughing Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 12:57 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
IMO the less congested areas of the TAmpa Bay Area would be to the North and Northeast of the area,the outskirts of Dade City,Brookesville,Dunnellon,Hommossassa and Crystal River areas come to mind,however its a long drive to any decent beach.Also the way the Tampa Bay Area is growing what appears less congested today will probably be over-run in 5-10 years from now.
https://www.google.ca/maps/@28.5563799,-82.3660031,10z

Old 05-27-2015, 06:07 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgrl16 View Post

Just out of curiosity, are there areas in the Tampa Bay area or on the outskirts and not far from the beach that are less congested or touristy.. I know I know...that is Florida is about...just wondering. Everyone stop laughing Thank you
If you were in southern Hillsborough, like Ruskin or northern manatee like Parrish, thats semi rural, and close-ish to Brandenton beaches. Ellenton maybe Palmetto, would also fit the bill. I do think that those areas I know Parrish is already Wesley Chapel lite in terms of new developments, will in the next 10 years be crowded as well.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:14 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
If you were in southern Hillsborough, like Ruskin or northern manatee like Parrish, thats semi rural, and close-ish to Brandenton beaches. Ellenton maybe Palmetto, would also fit the bill. I do think that those areas I know Parrish is already Wesley Chapel lite in terms of new developments, will in the next 10 years be crowded as well.
Those are not less congested...those are full of subdivisons everywhere...passing Ruskin on 75 won't give anyone an idea of how congested it really is...

Go north, but then you'll have to drive towards the beach...Florida has 20 million people living in it, so "less congested" is not really an option unless you go inland somewhere...Pinellas is overcrowded as it is...it's like Manhattan...

Old 05-27-2015, 06:42 AM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
Yes especially with all the new development going on in Southern Hillsborough County it may seem like a couple cow pastures are left but trust me developers are going to be buying those left and right for more development.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:52 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
...Pinellas is overcrowded as it is...it's like Manhattan...
It's nowhere near as crowded as Manhattan. I honestly have no idea how you can even make that comparison.

Perhaps you meant Manhattan, KS, which is much closer in density with Pinellas County compared to Manhattan, NY.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:59 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Quote:

It depends on what you want/need. Will you be a commuter?? If so, to where?

We live in S. Pinellas (in Historic Gulfport) and we walk or ride bikes everywhere, including the beach. Maybe drive our car 2x a week. But we're retired, no commute.

Last edited by dothetwist; 05-27-2015 at 08:09 AM..

Old 05-27-2015, 08:38 AM

473 posts, read 544,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Pinellas is overcrowded as it is...it's like Manhattan...

While I have not lived in Pinellas county, I can assure you its not anything like Manhattan.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:52 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:

Check out the East Lake corridor. We picked that location in Palm Harbor, as it felt much more relaxing than other areas with so much going on. Yet we are close enough to the things we like and that I used to be able to do, including beaches.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:10 AM

745 posts, read 801,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Check out the East Lake corridor. We picked that location in Palm Harbor, as it felt much more relaxing than other areas with so much going on. Yet we are close enough to the things we like and that I used to be able to do, including beaches.
Are you kidding me? McMullen Booth is congested as hell, and there's no easy way to get to Tampa or St. Pete without driving down 19 or McMullen Booth / Tampa Rd / Hillsborough. I used to live Palm Harbor and worked in Downtown Tampa, no thanks... it's a PITA getting ANYWHERE from there

But if you have real estate in the area to sell, I certainly see your angle...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay