Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2015, 12:24 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
Except when you are asking opinions of those strangers that you don't know whose opinion that may impact your decision making process. Question is whether you want to consider those that align with your preconceived ideas. Should you collect data only those that aligned to your prior belief and ignore the rest? What if your prior belief is wrong?

The bigger problem is people taking it to the extreme either way: the slightest inconvenience one utters it is told to leave the state or are being controlled by the spouse to be at such place, or those who swear they see nothing but rosy pictures. Not good on both side. While weather is one of the many factors one includes on making a decision to live in a certain place, there is much more to life than weather. Just saying.
I look at it this way. My picture is a whole lot rosier than it was b/4 I came here.

It is very important to weigh good opinions and bad opinions. The problem I see is when the bad
opinions are blanket statements or simply inaccurate statements.

i.e.
"It gets very hot and humid in FL especially in the summer time" Now that is an accurate statement.

"There are nothing but low paying service industry jobs in FL" That is a far from accurate statement.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:07 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,565 times
Here's what is confusing to me. If the OP came on here and started bashing your state, then I could understand so many being defensive. However, the OP did nothing but state positive things about Florida from their point of view. So, what's the problem?

Old 07-20-2015, 01:08 PM

473 posts, read 544,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Here's what is confusing to me. If the OP came on here and started bashing your state, then I could understand so many being defensive. However, the OP did nothing but state positive things about Florida from their point of view. So, what's the problem?
Thank you

Old 07-20-2015, 01:10 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,016,957 times
Quote:
However, the OP did nothing but state positive things about Florida from their point of view. So, what's the problem?
Click their screen name, click "find all posts by," and look at how many threads they've created... All before they moved here.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:24 PM

56 posts, read 82,223 times
Dang ya'll are mad that this guy is happy.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:34 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Click their screen name, click "find all posts by," and look at how many threads they've created... All before they moved here.
I just did and I still don't see the problem. All they are doing is saying that they are happy that they are now living in Florida. What's wrong with that? Sure, maybe their opinion will change but then maybe it won't. I personally know people who would HATE living in Florida. Nothing wrong with that. I also know people who have lived their for many years and love Florida. There's also nothing wrong with that.

What I find sad is people who don't like where they are living and do nothing to improve their situation. I know there are people who are stuck places because of their disabilities. That I understand. However, if you are an able bodied person and don't like where you are, then you really should either do something about it or stop complaining.

That's just my opinion though. Maybe some find joy in being negative and tearing others down. If that's you, then be all means keep it up. For those that don't want to be bothered by the negative people, well that's what the "Ignore" feature on City-Data Forums is for.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:45 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,341,304 times
Unfortunately, some people can get caught in a viscous cycle. Work / Family / Finances... any of these things can prevent you from moving. Even with all things in order, there's a certain level of risk involved in dropping everything and giving another place a go.

I was fortunate enough to have a family that was willing to help me out should I get into a rut and managed to find a job back home (CT). Had I not had the support from my family, the move would've been extremely risky... and I don't even have kids!

Old 07-20-2015, 02:46 PM

109 posts, read 162,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd711 View Post
Some of you just dont get it. This guy is not happy and he certaintly isnt helping progress Florida. He was soo miserable in Buffalo that he saw FL on a commerical one day and convinced himself that he was moving here no matter what. The only reason he is here is because Buffalo was so much of a ***hole that whereever he decided to move to would have been better, it just so happened he picked trampa.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:28 PM

473 posts, read 544,464 times
Quote:
I just did and I still don't see the problem. All they are doing is saying that they are happy that they are now living in Florida. What's wrong with that? Sure, maybe their opinion will change but then maybe it won't. I personally know people who would HATE living in Florida. Nothing wrong with that. I also know people who have lived their for many years and love Florida. There's also nothing wrong with that.

What I find sad is people who don't like where they are living and do nothing to improve their situation. I know there are people who are stuck places because of their disabilities. That I understand. However, if you are an able bodied person and don't like where you are, then you really should either do something about it or stop complaining.

That's just my opinion though. Maybe some find joy in being negative and tearing others down. If that's you, then be all means keep it up. For those that don't want to be bothered by the negative people, well that's what the "Ignore" feature on City-Data Forums is for.
Well said 😄

Old 07-20-2015, 05:04 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd711 View Post
That seems to be a common thing on any forum. Some people are not happy that other people are happy in life. Strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay