Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 02:39 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,351,267 times

Advertisements

We're moving to St. Pete soon, and I can't seem to find much for the short term housing we'll need while we look for permanent digs. Cragslist had almost nothing (it seems to work differently in St. Pete than in other areas I've lived in), the Extended Stay Hotel seems to actually be in Clearwater and has horrible reviews, and about all that's left is airbnb and a string of low rent motels on 34th St. N. My one and only experience w/ airbnb was a week or two ago when I went to St. Pete to ck the place out, and after that experience I would rather not go through that site again for anything.

We're not keen on being out by the airport or in Tampa, and Clearwater would definitely be too far out. Are the motels on 34th OK for weekly stays? They look a bit rundown from what I see on google map. Any tips from locals would be appreciated. $300-350 a week would be the top end of our budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 11:21 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,328,177 times
Extended-stay hotels tend to have a bad element staying at them. I don't know anything about the specific hotels in St Pete.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:23 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,351,267 times
OK, I am going to try airbnb again. Got a good reservation w/ what looks like an excellent, professional host (unlike the last disaster). and we're good to go. He was booked on some of the days we wanted to stay w/ him and his wife, but if we haven't settled in to our new digs by then it's Murphy's Motel for a bit. At least the reviews on it are excellent.

This airbnb thing is pretty neat IF someone is willing to read the reviews carefully and contact the hosts and get a little conversation going before confirming reservations, just to get a feel for the people. What I like about our reservation is it's a private keyed entry w/ a bath, fridge and microwave. Just like having a little studio apt, and only $650 for nearly 3 weeks including cleaning fee, taxes, etc. We wanted a month, but some other people grabbed a few of his dates while we were dithering around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: