Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 08:31 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,809,042 times

Advertisements

Our rental property has 1 car garage and 3 bedrooms. If one car parked in the garage and you have big pick up track, you will be blocking sidewalk no matter what. You cant force people to sell their trucks so moms with stroller can walk without issue

I am on the edge here. Some of our neighbors are walking their dogs using sidewalks and dogs are doing their business on our driveway. Owners are not cleaning after their dogs. HOA aware but cannot do anything (or doesn't want to get involved). Simple solution - park the way you will block the driveway.
On another had when I walk with my kids I am not enjoying jugging around parked cars...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 08:56 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,612,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Our rental property has 1 car garage and 3 bedrooms. If one car parked in the garage and you have big pick up track, you will be blocking sidewalk no matter what. You cant force people to sell their trucks so moms with stroller can walk without issue

I am on the edge here. Some of our neighbors are walking their dogs using sidewalks and dogs are doing their business on our driveway. Owners are not cleaning after their dogs. HOA aware but cannot do anything (or doesn't want to get involved). Simple solution - park the way you will block the driveway.
On another had when I walk with my kids I am not enjoying jugging around parked cars...
You're joking right? Do you not know the definition of a sidewalk????

In all honestly, I have zero understanding why people in Florida, where we have flat roads, and very few pot holes and hills need such trucks! Unless in construction, which I doubt every person with a truck is in, this makes no sense. Parking it on a sidewalk should be illegal, and it actually is in several HOA policed communities.

The dog not cleaning is an HOA issue, and should be enforced.
Attached Thumbnails
Meadow Pointe Deed Restrictions-screen-shot-2015-12-02-10.54.15  

Old 12-02-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
You're joking right? Do you not know the definition of a sidewalk????

In all honestly, I have zero understanding why people in Florida, where we have flat roads, and very few pot holes and hills need such trucks! Unless in construction, which I doubt every person with a truck is in, this makes no sense. Parking it on a sidewalk should be illegal, and it actually is in several HOA policed communities.

Sidewalk is a walkable area BETWEEN driveways. Yes, you can walk through driveways, but the area you are using is actually a part of DRIVEWAY. Do you know the definition of DRIVEWAY?

It's not your concern why people have "such" trucks. It's their choice, not yours. Mind your business. And no, I don't have truck.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Sidewalk is a walkable area BETWEEN driveways. Yes, you can walk through driveways, but the area you are using is actually a part of DRIVEWAY. Do you know the definition of DRIVEWAY?

It's not your concern why people have "such" trucks. It's their choice, not yours. Mind your business. And no, I don't have truck.
Hmm! So what your saying is that pedestrians should walk around driveways???? WOW! Ok!

I'll stick to my opinion thanks. No use for such ugly huge vehicles here in FL. & if they want one maybe they should measure those driveways before buying!!! IQ comes in handy when used before buying something!

Old 12-02-2015, 12:21 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Years ago one HOA advised people if they saw who's dog poop was left to pick it up in a bag and to throw it on the offenders lawn. That solved a lot of issues for the HOA with less letters to be mailed which saves money and the issues resolved pretty fast.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:00 PM

201 posts, read 237,922 times
>> Do you know the definition of DRIVEWAY?<<
It's where we PARK our cars ... but a PARKWAY is where we DRIVE our cars. Makes sense to me ... lol.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:43 PM

473 posts, read 544,464 times
Not being able to park vehicles is asinine , that what a driveway is for

Old 12-02-2015, 08:25 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,525,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post

I thought you didn't like HOA's

Old 12-03-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
Not being able to park vehicles is asinine , that what a driveway is for
exactly!
yes, people can walk through driveways, but the main purpose of driveway is for cars to get in and out of the house. Too bad some people have 1 car garages or big trucks...

Old 12-03-2015, 11:20 AM

This thread is the precise reason for which we have to have millions of laws in America!

Everyone thinks they're right, even when they're not, and no one is taking responsibility when they make a mistake. It is a BUILDERS JOB to accommodate for pedestrians, vehicles, emergency vehicles, guests, etc., but unfortunately their only concern is how much closer than zero lot line they can get to sell more wall to wall properties at inflated prices. "HOW" will these homes be used is not their concern. That's why I said that builders are stupid. I should have added GREEDY next to that as well.

There is no care or concern when building these days, and it shows. It's sad that we experience this in a so called "civilized country". something like this would have been expected in some 3rd world country but not here. There is no pride left here in building or anything else for that matter.

#sad

P.S. The thing with the big trucks is nothing more than my "D" is bigger than yours. High school BS! Grow up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: