Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 07:42 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,513,412 times

Advertisements

17-yearold Tyler Lord found shot dead in an alleyway in south St Pete.

From the Fox13 wesbite.

" His death was the second in one week, and the sixth in the area since last month. The youngest victim was 16, and the oldest was just 25. They are as follows:

Lennie Acostas, November 10
Joshua Walsh, November 10
Jarrod Evans, November 29
Aaron Davis, December 6
Gabriel Wallace, December 15
Tyler Lord, December 17

Assistant Chief Previtera says detectives have worked to find some sort of link between the cases, but so far, it appears they are separate, random acts of violence that must come to an end."

There is a link.The shooters and their victims are all black.
Yet where are the community leaders jumping up and down and saying Black Lives Matter ?

Where is Al Sharpton when you want him ?

Here's a couple of other facts. 52 per cent of all homicides in the USA are carried out by black people yet blacks occupy just 13 per cent of the population.

93% of all black victims are killed by fellow blacks.

It is for these reasons and no other that police officers, both black and white, are more likely to shoot black offenders resisting arrest than any other.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:40 AM

149 posts, read 145,421 times
Well, its never gonna change until the community wants to change and people stop blaming white and other outside factors. The thing is, liberal media has created a bubble for the community so they don't have to take responsibility. BET doesn't help either they just promote rap nonsense and gang banging lifestyle...and no I'm not an old curmudgeon. I'm 29 years old non-white and even I know that this is a problem.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:59 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
It seems black lives matter doesn't care about lives taken by other black people.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:31 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It seems black lives matter doesn't care about lives taken by other black people.
That's not the point, you seriously can not see how when someone who is paid to protect you takes advantage of that implicit trust to hurt you is infinitely worse than a random person. I know you post a lot about sexual predators do I'll make an analogy that you can understand.
The majority of sexual abuse towards children is perpetrated by family members and people they know, still people care about sexual predators living close to them, sexual predators don't complain that most abuse is by family members so society should lay off, a more direct analogy would be priests there was a big public outcry about priest abusing kids, just like the police the great majority of priest don't abuse kids, just like police they are on a position of trust, People rightfully protested against the church like they are doing against cops, nothing wrong with that.

Old 12-17-2015, 12:38 PM

131 posts, read 139,829 times
From my observations the population is less sympathetic to the black cause since the Black-Lives-Matter movement began.
The media is giving them the stage for ratings, and the public is watching, not in support, but in a growing disgust.
I'm trying to see the justification for outrage since Ferguson and I can't. Michael Brown robbed a store, assaulted the owner, defy a cop and then tried to steal his gun after assaulting him, and some question whether the cop had justification to shoot him? Chicago was overkill, no doubt, but the victim wasn't innocent. Baltimore was an unfortunate accident, and again the victim was not innocent. Black or White these people put themselves in these positions against armed enforcement and wonder why the enforcers do their jobs, which entails protecting themselves as well.

Most people will side with innocence if that's the case. I'm finding it difficult to discover random acts of Police brutality, though I can see excessive force or perhaps mental instability in the Chicago case.
The media may be giving them exposure, but the majority of the public is not buying it.

South St Petersburg as well as Gulfport are not safe places, and the residents of Pinellas County know this.

Old 12-17-2015, 12:58 PM

And then there are the shootings that do not involve death. Just a few days ago a drive-by shooting a short distance from Gulfport ends up in a police chase inside of Gulfport.
Drive-by shooting leads to police chase in St. Petersburg - Story | FOX 13 Tampa Bay

Old 12-17-2015, 01:41 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,099,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenme View Post
And then there are the shootings that do not involve death. Just a few days ago a drive-by shooting a short distance from Gulfport ends up in a police chase inside of Gulfport.
Drive-by shooting leads to police chase in St. Petersburg - Story | FOX 13 Tampa Bay
LOL. Someone at Gulfport must have done something really really bad to you.

Old 12-17-2015, 01:57 PM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,662 times
Are the Uhuru thieves and thugs still infesting South St. Pete? Maybe it's a BLM vs Uhuru thing.

Old 12-17-2015, 04:43 PM

Default no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
LOL. Someone at Gulfport must have done something really really bad to you.
The promotion of the city are inauthentic. It's lipstick on a pig. If you live in one of the secured communities and only go to the Bar district and not read the newspaper, you'll think it's great, but if you look outside this small area, then your next South St Petersburg and most of Gulfport's residents live that experience, as newspapers and police records will expose. Instead you'll find people here talking about areas, like the historic districts that don't exist. They fabricate the walking neighborhoods and show photos of the sky.

Think practically, you have hundreds of thousands of people living around a small bay (Boca Ciega), with a waste treatment plant that can not handle capacity. What does the water look and smell like?

I suppose you know where not to go or invest in your area, would you sit quietly by while someone promoted those places to strangers as a good place to live?

Old 12-17-2015, 04:57 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,099,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenme View Post
The promotion of the city are inauthentic. It's lipstick on a pig. If you live in one of the secured communities and only go to the Bar district and not read the newspaper, you'll think it's great, but if you look outside this small area, then your next South St Petersburg and most of Gulfport's residents live that experience, as newspapers and police records will expose. Instead you'll find people here talking about areas, like the historic districts that don't exist. They fabricate the walking neighborhoods and show photos of the sky.

Think practically, you have hundreds of thousands of people living around a small bay (Boca Ciega), with a waste treatment plant that can not handle capacity. What does the water look and smell like?

I suppose you know where not to go or invest in your area, would you sit quietly by while someone promoted those places to strangers as a good place to live?
At the end of the day everyone should go and actually visit and rent in an area before they decide where to live and not just go by what someone wether pro or con thinks of an area. Every area has pros and cons and every person has a different parameters of what's important to them. Gulfport has its pluses and its negatives just like every other area. Obviously to you the negatives outweighs the pluses but there are people that think differently. I have visited and rented in Gulfport and know full well is not all nice and rosy but also saw and experienced why some might be attracted to live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay