Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 05:03 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhHah View Post
Here's a brand new development (still in progress) near the above mentioned Valencia Lakes and Sun City Center:
Sereno | All the Elements for a Great Life
getting a tad too close to downtown Wimauma (sketchy area, imo) ---not sure why the developer thought that would be an ideal spot......right next to Walmart....but it is convenient to all the stuff SCC offers......Maybe over the next 10 yrs they'll develope further down and across the street. I think there's an RV park next to Sereno as well. There will be an ALDI's built neaby the area though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 01:41 PM

202 posts, read 231,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
There are newer communities within 5 mins of hospitals, plenty of physicians offices and clinics in the Sun City Center area - a popular retirement community about 20 mins drive via I75 south of Brandon. Valencia Lakes is in the immediate Sun City Center area with tile, newer community although their prices have increased dramatically over the last couple of years with the housing recovery. I find Brandon too congested and unattractive. I prefer to live within a short drive to get into Brandon for shopping, movies, restaurants, then get the heck out of there.

Sun City Center Real Estate - Sun City Center, FL Homes for Sale - realtor.com®

Valencia Lakes in Tampa, Florida - A GL Homes Community

The area has several grocery stores, a Home Depot, Walmart, Sams Club, Bealls, several fast food joints and other restaurants. If you live in Kings Point (a subcommunity of Sun City Center) - they have a shuttle for older folks who can't drive that takes them throughout the community as well as up to Brandon a couple of times a week I believe.
-----------------------------
King's Point does not allow pets. Sun City Center and environs are 20+ miles from Brandon. Currently, there is little to do in SCC. Heard they were getting a cinema. My mother lives in SCC on the north side of the highway.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:34 PM

27 posts, read 31,008 times
Default Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhHah View Post
We actually lived in Brandon for 30 years (moved out a year ago to downsize) we were within a five min drive to any shop to buy things you might need for daily living. The Brandon hospital was about 10 to 15 min. drive.
A newer area is Fishhawk Ranch in Lithia which is about 4 miles south of the Brandon area. This is a website with some new homes, but I don't know if they have rentals.
Since you are in Miami, why not come up for a weekend to look around:
FishHawk Ranch
This location is about 12 miles from the almost new (about 3 years old) St. Josephs Hospital South.
Brandon has it's own mall which is by no means small. The zipcode for South Brandon is 33511. For North Brandon it is 33510 and I believe the new development in Fishhawk is 33569 (but not sure for this one).
Truly appreciate your information. Any area in Brandon we should avoid (crime, etc.)?? What I have seen is great, pretty nice homes for less than $1500 which is my max, just concerned about access and you answered very well. Again, thanks for your time and invaluable information. I did email FishHawk to see if they know if any homes are available for rent in that community. Best regards,
Vivian

Old 01-29-2016, 08:36 PM

Truly appreciate your information. Any area in Brandon we should avoid (crime, etc.)?? What I have seen is great, pretty nice homes for less than $1500 which is my max, just concerned about access and you answered very well. Again, thanks for your time and invaluable information. I did email FishHawk to see if they know if any homes are available for rent in that community. Best regards,
Vivian

Old 01-29-2016, 08:37 PM

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakermx View Post
Brandon itself won't have as much new construction, although their is still some. Valrico, and the above mentioned Fishhawk will have more new construction, and is still somewhat close to the hospital. Another area to keep in mind will be the Riverview/South Shore area to the south. Not as much shopping as Brandon, but There are two hospitals down there as well.
Truly appreciate the information and your time answering my post! Any areas in/around Brandon we, as senior citizens should avoid for security reasons?? Best regards, Vivian

Old 01-29-2016, 08:40 PM

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakermx View Post
Brandon itself won't have as much new construction, although their is still some. Valrico, and the above mentioned Fishhawk will have more new construction, and is still somewhat close to the hospital. Another area to keep in mind will be the Riverview/South Shore area to the south. Not as much shopping as Brandon, but There are two hospitals down there as well.
Truly appreciate information and your time, thanks for your kindness! Viv

Old 01-29-2016, 08:43 PM

Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
King's Point does not allow pets. Sun City Center and environs are 20+ miles from Brandon. Currently, there is little to do in SCC. Heard they were getting a cinema. My mother lives in SCC on the north side of the highway.
Truly appreciate all that information, especially the note about not allowing pets! so glad some people still bother to try and help others Best regards, Vivian

Old 01-30-2016, 06:20 AM

201 posts, read 237,791 times
I really think it would be best for you to come up for a weekend to look around at the areas that have been suggested to see if it suits you. In fact you might want to do more than one weekend ... gas is cheap, lol.

Old 01-30-2016, 06:27 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
That's very incorrect about pets in Kings Point. I live there and it seems everyone has a dog, some are huge..maybe renters cant, but that's up to a landlord. There a lot to do in SCC if you involved yourself in the variety of social activities, sports, fitness, swimming, pickelball, dancing, crafts, symphony, too numerous to list here. 20 miles by interstate is very quick drive for me. I don't like living directly in the congested mess in Brandon.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:46 AM

6 posts, read 5,743 times
My mother has lived in Sun City Center for 17 years and loves it. Everything she needs is close by, Publix Walmart, doctors, hospital all with gulf cart access. There is also additional shopping, doctors and hospital in the Riverview Area, Big Bend Road and 301 which is about 15 minutes away. Like BucFan stated there are a lot of social activities there.
If you want to go further south, Del Webb is building a new 55+ community on State Road 70 in Lakewood ranch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay