Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 02:20 PM

141 posts, read 754,167 times

Advertisements

I currently reside in Temple Terrace and I absolutely hate it!! I want to leave very badly. I was just curious about other peoples thoughts/opinions on this area relating to crime, demographics, schools, etc. I'm looking to re-locate to Wesley Chapel. Absolutely love that area!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2006, 07:48 PM

1 posts, read 8,841 times
why do you hate temple terrace? we would like to move there as it is close to USF and has some nice older homes.

Old 11-24-2006, 12:12 PM

In my opinion, Temple Terrace is just in the wrong area of town. There is a high crime rate in and around the city. Parts of the city look so run-down and "ghetto" if you will, and most people are not the kind of people you would normally associate yourself with (as Temple Terrace brings in people from nearby low-income neighborhoods). These are the reasons why I would love to move to the Wesley Chapel area, where everything is the complete opposite. I would highly recommend this area to you, where everything is almost brand new, demographics are nice, and while not centrally located it is still convenient to Tampa and USF by access of 75/275.

I would still like to know what other people think though, so keep posting people!! =D

Old 11-24-2006, 03:10 PM

269 posts, read 1,057,008 times
All true, but you do have Debra Lafave...

Old 11-26-2006, 02:21 PM

Hahaha that is true. I actually live in the neighborhood of the boy that had the little affair with Debra.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:33 PM

Anybody else have any thoughts??

Old 11-30-2006, 05:39 PM

25 posts, read 84,732 times
Drove thru it Monday night for the first time. I was low on gas but there was no way I was stopping.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:51 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,689,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-town View Post
In my opinion, Temple Terrace is just in the wrong area of town. There is a high crime rate in and around the city. Parts of the city look so run-down and "ghetto" if you will, and most people are not the kind of people you would normally associate yourself with (as Temple Terrace brings in people from nearby low-income neighborhoods). These are the reasons why I would love to move to the Wesley Chapel area, where everything is the complete opposite. I would highly recommend this area to you, where everything is almost brand new, demographics are nice, and while not centrally located it is still convenient to Tampa and USF by access of 75/275.

I would still like to know what other people think though, so keep posting people!! =D
traffic, crime, and it is yuck. new tampa, and wesley chapel, look nice,
however it is pasco, where no insurance company will sell you a hoi policy.

also car insurance even on a safe driver etc., up. if you have a great paying job, come to W. C.

Old 12-01-2006, 03:16 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,210,004 times
I remember when Temple Terrace was a nice community of middle to upper middle class families. DH and I lived there while in grad school at USF. The last time we visited Tampa, we drove through and were shocked at what it has become!! It is certainly not an area I would consider moving to today. There must be other areas closer to USF that are better. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Tampa anymore. Hopefully someone who lives there can help.

Old 12-17-2006, 03:04 AM

1 posts, read 8,841 times
Default Bad place to live

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TampaandUSF View Post
why do you hate temple terrace? we would like to move there as it is close to USF and has some nice older homes.
Listen to this person there telling you the like it is. I use to live on Tampa Bay which was nice but crime in the Tampa and Clearwater have become unreal. I moved to Spring Hill north of Tampa which is much better but it's also heading our way. I go down to the VA hospital and I hate the area down there. Yes, you can find some gated places but who wants to live like that. Florida is not what it was seven years ago when I moved here crime has become unreal because of the drug problems. There are still a lot of nice places in FL just have to look. If your from NY or a big city you may like what you see. You should get a short term lease three months to start with then go from there that way your not stuck in a bad place with a lease. Most people who are new get short term leases and then get to know the area's of FL before making a long term leases or buying a house. Houses are still cheap here it's the insurance and taxes killing us right now but the goverment is working on that . I would not buy anything here for a couple of years to make sure all is fix first with insurance and taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay