Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 06:14 PM

12 posts, read 18,397 times

Advertisements

My family is looking to relocate for climate and work.
We have 6 kids and would ideally like to have a small amount of land in the country (around 5 acres), yet still be relatively close to ammenities (20-25mins).
The main things we're looking for are
-Safe, non-sketchy areas.
-Good economy, specifically housing/building.
-A balance of privacy, and close enough to civilization.

How are the Brooksville, Zephyr Hills, and Wesley Chapel ares?
Any advice is hugely appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 06:21 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,824,656 times
You'll get the most for your money in the Brooksville area, especially if you are looking to have that much land. I'd steer clear of much of the actual city of Brooksville, but the outlying areas which are still identified as Brooksville are generally fine.

In terms of amenities, you'll definitely be close to stores, restaurants, hospitals, etc.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:59 AM

182 posts, read 170,847 times
Brooksville is pretty far out there. There are stores and restaurants there, but you're looking at 45 minutes or so to get to a mall or nice restaurant area. Also, I wouldn't say that the economy there is all that great.

Wesley Chapel is by and large losing most of its country feel, but there are areas on the north side between there and Dade City / San Antonio that are rural but still within reasonable distance to decent amenities.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:32 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chap View Post
Brooksville is pretty far out there. There are stores and restaurants there, but you're looking at 45 minutes or so to get to a mall or nice restaurant area. Also, I wouldn't say that the economy there is all that great.

Wesley Chapel is by and large losing most of its country feel, but there are areas on the north side between there and Dade City / San Antonio that are rural but still within reasonable distance to decent amenities.
You havent been to Brooksville in a while. Cortez Blvd has been developed and an restaurant one could want is on Cortez from Deltona Blvd east to 50A. Malls are old news, Shopping centers are the thing and there are several along Cortez Blvd from downtown Brooksville going west.

The economy is based on agriculture and livestock in Brooksville.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFam16 View Post
My family is looking to relocate for climate and work.
We have 6 kids and would ideally like to have a small amount of land in the country (around 5 acres), yet still be relatively close to ammenities (20-25mins).
The main things we're looking for are
-Safe, non-sketchy areas.
-Good economy, specifically housing/building.
-A balance of privacy, and close enough to civilization.

How are the Brooksville, Zephyr Hills, and Wesley Chapel ares?
Any advice is hugely appreciated.
Hernando County is a good place to look for that 5 acres at a decent price. North or east of Brooksville has plenty of land for sale.

http://www.landwatch.com/Florida_lan...le/Brooksville

Old 05-16-2016, 12:16 PM

182 posts, read 170,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
You havent been to Brooksville in a while. Cortez Blvd has been developed and an restaurant one could want is on Cortez from Deltona Blvd east to 50A. Malls are old news, Shopping centers are the thing and there are several along Cortez Blvd from downtown Brooksville going west.

The economy is based on agriculture and livestock in Brooksville.
Been there recently. Seen it. Not impressed. Would not move a family there, personally. But, to each his or her own.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chap View Post
Been there recently. Seen it. Not impressed. Would not move a family there, personally. But, to each his or her own.
Yes, to each his own.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:29 PM

12 posts, read 18,397 times
I'm not looking to be in these exact towns, necessarily, I'm more looking around the general area. The main thing I'm looking for is a small bit of land with privacy, but not out in the complete boonies where you have to drive 30mins to reach the nearest grocery store or WalMart. Also, I heard there is a beach nearby?

Old 05-16-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFam16 View Post
I'm not looking to be in these exact towns, necessarily, I'm more looking around the general area. The main thing I'm looking for is a small bit of land with privacy, but not out in the complete boonies where you have to drive 30mins to reach the nearest grocery store or WalMart. Also, I heard there is a beach nearby?
There is a lot of area surrounding towns like Brooksville. Look north of state road 50 between US 19 and I-75
and see how that may fit your needs.

Citrus County may also serve your needs.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:39 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
Check out the Spring Lake area just outside of Brooksville. Really nice country out that way and close enough to anything you'd need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay