Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 10:51 AM

877 posts, read 1,913,528 times

Advertisements

I'm looking through listings and they are practically giving the houses away. We took it off our list because it is so remote, but why is everything now so cheap?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 11:02 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,186,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewabby View Post
I'm looking through listings and they are practically giving the houses away. We took it off our list because it is so remote, but why is everything now so cheap?
I dunno, but my best guess is oversupply, which is the usual suspect. You sort of answered your own question with the reason why you took it off your list. Don't look now, but bubble 2.0 is popping, and it's the outer ring properties that tank first, kind of like the canary in the coal mine.

Also if you've been watching the markets lately, the volatility sets up a pucker-butt precedent which builders and developers try to overcome by doing what they can to unload as much as possible.

Also there's this gem:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-1...raffic-plunges

So, Stew, I lost track, have you purchased yet? Because if not, you just may find yourself in the sweet spot.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:03 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,464,436 times
Prices will be what people will pay. This is a slower time of the year so you often get deals. These companies are in it to make money and if they are building SPEC homes, they don't want them hanging around. They are still making money, just not as much.

Supply and demand. Just did a quick search with Standard Pacific there. All move in homes are 320K and up. Are you referring to a specific builder or just in general?

If you are looking at one of the ready built homes, go in with a mind set you can get them lower. Maybe a fence, closing costs, etc... ALWAYS DEAL!!!

Watergrass is a bit out, but not that much. But definitely too far for some. To each their own.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
So, Stew, I lost track, have you purchased yet? Because if not, you just may find yourself in the sweet spot.
No, if we saw a great deal we'd probably jump on it, but nothing has made us want to break our lease and move yet. I think we may rent for one more year and then start building in Sept 2015 if things go well. This is supposed to be the last house for us so we want everything to be as perfect for us as possible.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
No, if we saw a great deal we'd probably jump on it, but nothing has made us want to break our lease and move yet. I think we may rent for one more year and then start building in Sept 2015 if things go well. This is supposed to be the last house for us so we want everything to be as perfect for us as possible.
Oh, you are SOOOOOO going to be in the driver's seat. Good for you!

Old 10-16-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post

Supply and demand. Just did a quick search with Standard Pacific there. All move in homes are 320K and up. Are you referring to a specific builder or just in general?
It was Standard Pacific I was actually looking at. They have a beautiful 4,000 sq ft home for $399k in Watergrass. Hard to find new construction in a decent area for $100 a sq. ft.

I wondered if there was a problem with the development and they wanted to pull out. If SP was offering that house in Estancia or Windsor I think we'd buy it.

7141 Peregrina Loop, Wesley Chapel, FL 33545 (MLS# T2585160) - Wesley Chapel FL Real Estate - FloridaMoves.com

Old 10-16-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Oh, you are SOOOOOO going to be in the driver's seat. Good for you!
Hahaha! Hopefully!

Old 10-16-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Hahaha! Hopefully!
More than you know.

Old 10-16-2014, 01:59 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,809,042 times
Watergrass zoned to horrible schools, so families with young kids are not looking to move their. The traffic is so bad during morning/evening hours and the hardest part is to get to SR 54 from there. $399K for a 4K sq. ft. house over their it's waaay too much!

Old 10-16-2014, 04:15 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,464,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Watergrass zoned to horrible schools, so families with young kids are not looking to move their. The traffic is so bad during morning/evening hours and the hardest part is to get to SR 54 from there. $399K for a 4K sq. ft. house over their it's waaay too much!
Why horrible schools? I know families that kids go there and love it.

It sits out from everything but so what. Kids ride the buses or drive to most schools. You don't see many bikes at the Middle or High School compared to kids.

It's not too much if someone is willing to buy it. It is supply and demand. People have already bought over there at higher prices. There are other builders that are priced much more than that in Watergrass. They have incredible homes.

If that baseball complex goes in East of the Wiregrass Mall the shot in the arm for Watergrass (and all around here) is going to be incredible. The Outlet Mall has finally been given the green light and the skating complex right by 75/56 are going to give housing in this area a boost as well.

Don't tell me about entry pay level jobs either. Some will be sure, but make more than that. I wish they would be building more townhomes up here however. Nice, decent ones are in demand and you can't find one. But a lot folks could afford that 700-1100 rent for a townhome instead of having to drive to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay