Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2008, 01:20 PM

47 posts, read 243,520 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of buying a home here. Anyone have info on area? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 01:01 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,462,518 times
Do a search on KB Homes on yahoo or google.

Lots of unhappy buyers.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:22 PM

57 posts, read 190,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl1025 View Post
I am thinking of buying a home here. Anyone have info on area? Thanks!

My husband and I are building a home with KB in Moss Landing and I'm very excited. We are using a broker and private home inspector throughout the process just to watch our backs. We also go out there either once a week or once every two weeks to check on the progress. But we're very happy so far. It was the only, I mean, ONLY builder in the Bay area (in our price range of $350K) where the houses don't all look exactly alike. I've searched them all!

I researched KB and all of the builders and they all have black marks against them. The best thing you can do is get a broker, an inspector and stay involved in the process. Something can go wrong in any situation.
Good luck!

Old 04-28-2008, 07:05 AM

104 posts, read 366,506 times
I have recently sold a home in Moss Creek (next door) and checked out some of homes in Moss Landing. As far as the area, the schools are great and the area is growing. Traffic right now is a mess but improving once the road work is done. On the plus side this is an easier location to get to I-75 than Fishhawk.

As far as Moss Landing, I was very impressed with the amount of incentives that are available from KB in that subdivision. My only word of caution would be to evaluate your personal plans because the resale senario right now in that area might be very difficult in the near term with all of the available inventory. Good luck!

Old 04-28-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampasteve View Post
I have recently sold a home in Moss Creek (next door) and checked out some of homes in Moss Landing. As far as the area, the schools are great and the area is growing. Traffic right now is a mess but improving once the road work is done. On the plus side this is an easier location to get to I-75 than Fishhawk.

As far as Moss Landing, I was very impressed with the amount of incentives that are available from KB in that subdivision. My only word of caution would be to evaluate your personal plans because the resale senario right now in that area might be very difficult in the near term with all of the available inventory. Good luck!

Really? You were impressed with the incentives? I wonder if this is something new or what? I felt like KB was the lowest when it came to incentives. Every other builder that I saw offered a certain amount toward upgrades or had more included upgrades. Adams has a lot of included upgrades, Centex, I think, offered like $5K toward upgrades, Ashton offers like $15K towards upgrades. KB offered nothing, but did give $10K toward closing costs if you used their lender (and their closing costs were fairly high with their lender as well.)

Don't get me wrong, I love the house that I picked out but I felt like they didn't offer as much as other builders and everything was an upgrade so they were fairly pricey.

As for resale, wouldn't that be true of anywhere in the Bay area for the most part? There are so many new homes being built and so many older homes on the market. We don't plan to sell for at least five years, if not much longer.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:25 AM

265 posts, read 974,676 times
I bought from KB in Apollo Beach, I'll be brief and simply say I'd never use builder again...

Old 05-02-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltznucs View Post
I bought from KB in Apollo Beach, I'll be brief and simply say I'd never use builder again...

Don't be brief, please tell me what happened so that I can look out for it with my own house. We're in the framing stage now. Did you get an inspector? I'm finding that it seems many people don't get an inspector. I really want to, but then what if we do and things still go wrong? It's such a toss up.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:21 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,186,004 times
Please send information that are consumer complaints via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: