Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 06:48 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,638,096 times

Advertisements

So the guy is a repeat offender at MULTIPLE residences. He's not a victim. He's a scumbag who you wouldn't want as a neighbor. Take the house. He clearly needs to learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 08:24 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,011,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
So the guy is a repeat offender at MULTIPLE residences. He's not a victim. He's a scumbag who you wouldn't want as a neighbor. Take the house. He clearly needs to learn.
Unreasonably steep fine for the income level of the area population. In another thread someone complained about an overeacting, over reaching government. This is a prime example in my opinion.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:51 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,908,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Unreasonably steep fine for the income level of the area population. In another thread someone complained about an overeacting, over reaching government. This is a prime example in my opinion.
When Dunedin talked to him in July he said his lawnmower broke. The city gave him FIVE WEEKS to fix it before they started fining him. That is MORE than reasonable. It's been going on with this jerk since 2007, and not just lawn, also junk cars. And not just his Dunedin property but also one of his Clearwater properties had code violations (different jurisdiction).

What's the option.....give in and let this bully get away with it??

Old 05-11-2019, 09:12 AM

5,978 posts, read 7,387,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
When Dunedin talked to him in July he said his lawnmower broke. The city gave him FIVE WEEKS to fix it before they started fining him. That is MORE than reasonable. It's been going on with this jerk since 2007, and not just lawn, also junk cars. And not just his Dunedin property but also one of his Clearwater properties had code violations (different jurisdiction).

Yeah, there's often a history with situations like this. Prior behavior is almost always an indicator of future behavior....

Having been an HOA board member for many years, I see this a lot. I've got one right now that wants to challenge the bylaws on nearly everything they can, yet they had copies of them before and after they bought the house as well as signed off that they read them and agree to abide by them before they ever walked into the place. After all, who says the bylaws apply to them, right?

We'll used Code Enforcement for stuff like this, as they can act more rapidly than an HOA and have the weight of local government behind them.

Had a property owner who outright lied to us about a non-op car in their driveway belonging to their son who was allegedly deployed. Lots of laws/exceptions for deployed military, so we let it slide and never asked for proof, after all, why would someone lie about this? One of the Board member's kids who was the same age as the son and went to school with them happened to hear their parent talking about this, and mentioned that son had never been in the military and was living nearby. Really?

We confronted property owner about this and they went dark.

Next day Code Enforcement got over there and wrote them up. They ignored the citation. Bad idea. The issue went to a hearing. Two days before the hearing the car gets flat bedded away.

I guess they showed the County, eh?

RM

Old 05-11-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:

County cuts the grass, sends him the bill. Like a parking ticket, delinquent bill payment loses county privileges like car renewal, library, school registration until bill is settled. Taking away a man's. House seems severe.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:25 AM

30,447 posts, read 21,289,763 times
Sure is no code in west pasco.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:28 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,908,767 times
Quote:
County cuts the grass, sends him the bill. Like a parking ticket, delinquent bill payment loses county privileges like car renewal, library, school registration until bill is settled. Taking away a man's. House seems severe.
Where do you live, certainly not FL. There are no local car tags so no renewal. School registration.....first, he's retired with likely no kids in school; secondly, you think scofflaws' kids should be denied an education because their Dad is a jerk??? Most likely illegal to kick a kid out of school for the sins of his father. Library....oh, yeah, take away his library privileges....and NO more recess! Jeeze.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:31 AM

45,427 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
A lot of places will do that and each time the fine ratchets up. If those are appended to the property tax bill and remain unpaid then the property will eventually go to tax sale (I'm assuming that's what happens in Florida).

I can see how the numbers get to the story's.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:49 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,897,666 times
Quote:

This is what I read.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Where do you live, certainly not FL. There are no local car tags so no renewal.
My county that I've lived HERE IN FL collects vehicle registration annually or bi-annually. I can't drive my car without a registration. That's how my county has done it for the decade I've lived here. Not sure how you get your registration, maybe your county does things differently. Gov't is wrong in this situation. Over reaching, over reacting. $500/day punishment over grass.

Last edited by TBMorgan; 05-11-2019 at 10:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay