Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 09:39 AM

298 posts, read 579,872 times

Advertisements

Looking at purchasing a townhome or condo in Apollo Beach. Schools are not an issue and neither is commute. I know about the plant nearby, etc. but have Questions for those in the know:

1. Overall- Good investment area?
2. Any thought about Brisa Del Mar townhomes? They have a few on the market
3. Any reason not to purchase in this area?

Any insights welcomed and appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2020, 11:29 AM

17 posts, read 29,363 times
We were looking at new builds in the area last year and found that many were in storm surge zones A, B and C if that matters to you.

Old 12-10-2020, 02:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,325 times
Brisa del Mar has lower HOA then Sunset Bay or Bella Sol. So, that's a plus. If you don't need a ton of room and don't mind an older building, Anchor Point is a good value.
I don't think I would purchase a town home in AB strictly as an investment. Past pricing doesn't show a good return. For example, when Sunset Bay was opened it was height of the market in 2005 - 2006. But, they were selling in the high 400's to 500's. Now you can pick one up for 350. And, they are selling townhomes over in Waterset in the 200s.
I know you said commute isn't an issue for you. But keep in mind the traffic is horrible trying to get on or off 75 during rush times.
I like the town of AB overall, it's very central to many things. So, if you are looking for somewhere to live over an investment - I would recommend it.

Old 12-10-2020, 04:24 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,079,089 times
Be aware that the I75 exit for Apollo Beach is about to have a 5-6 year complete rearrangement and replacement. It'll be a mess for years.

https://www.ospreyobserver.com/2019/...d-improvements

Old 12-11-2020, 06:43 AM

Thank you for the responses. I’m aware of the storm surge zone so that is certainly a factor. This would be more for living and not investment per se. seems like everything took a hit following 2007-08 bubble burst. I like the central location with getting to Tampa,St. Pete, and Sarasota as desired. I was not aware of the I75 work to be done - yikes! That will be avoided but I am fortunate to be able to work from home. Thanks again!

Old 12-11-2020, 09:12 AM

32 posts, read 28,433 times
Stay away from most FL condos and TH's, buy a SF if anything, and without an HOA !!

Old 12-12-2020, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahHapner View Post
Stay away from most FL condos and TH's, buy a SF if anything, and without an HOA !!
Why? Why are Florida condos and TH’s any worse than other states? I don’t want a SFH, I will not be there full time initially, and not all HOA’s are outrageous.

Old 12-12-2020, 05:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adele115 View Post
Looking at purchasing a townhome or condo in Apollo Beach. Schools are not an issue and neither is commute. I know about the plant nearby, etc. but have Questions for those in the know:

1. Overall- Good investment area?
2. Any thought about Brisa Del Mar townhomes? They have a few on the market
3. Any reason not to purchase in this area?

Any insights welcomed and appreciated!!
Have you looked into the land o lakes or Wesley chapel area?

Old 12-13-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salazar4287 View Post
Have you looked into the land o lakes or Wesley chapel area?
I haven’t really, though I’ve seen those areas pop up as recommended as I’ve been searching. I’ve mostly been looking south to be a wee bit closer to Sarasota. That being said, I’ll check them out. What do you like about those areas to recommend them?

Old 12-14-2020, 11:31 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
I assume you are looking in Apollo Beach because you like to be close to the water. Wesley Chapel which I really like is a great area but further out and not close to the water.

Apollo beach doesn't have as much to do as places like Madeira Beach, Redington Beach and further North up to Clearwater.

If you don't need all that then Apollo Beach is a nice area with cheaper homes and nice to go boating as I have been doing.

If you don't go boating often or don't mind to drive over an hour then Wesley Chapel is a very nice area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay