Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 03:42 PM

40 posts, read 54,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
The ‘Original Poster’. (you )
Oh! haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 03:44 PM

40 posts, read 54,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
The distance from the interstates is the one downfall… It’s a terrible drive to I-75, as maps always direct me through Trinity and 54, which are absolutely awful, and 275 requires a drive down Hillsborough, which is very hit or miss depending on traffic. Not bad at night though.
I will say this; I travel frequently for work too, and an Uber ride to the airport is only about $30, and a $30 minute drive.
Ok....thanks for the additional insight.

Old 08-04-2021, 04:22 PM

17,208 posts, read 15,421,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces5683 View Post
Ok....thanks for the additional insight.
If you have further questions feel free to dm me. I will disclose a bit more information there.

Old 08-08-2021, 01:39 AM

346 posts, read 309,421 times
If it were me, I would move to Brandon. possibly Apollo Beach if you can find something. Lutz, maybe. I surprisingly don't mind that Citrus Park area.

I miss the TB area. I am in Columbia SC at the time and this place is sooo backwards in comparison to how things are done in the Tampa Bay area especially with trans issues. Charlotte and NC I would rank a little better, but FL is the best if you can work, you kinda do have to be rich though too especially closer to the beaches. I think at this time , FL is doing well. and it might even be cheaper than the Carolinas! I found rentals still at a steady inexpensive price in the Tampa Bay area even though reports say its getting more and more expensive. I think its more expensive even to live in Columbia to be honest with you now than it might be to live in Tampa and Brandon and its a rip off because the deep south is supposed to be cheap!! It isn't !

Thats the only reason I can see people moving to SC but they find ways to get your money. they got car tax as well. I needed someplace warm, didn't want to go to FL due to the covid surges so I chose it, but so far its proven to be a mistake. I got the Triangle Research as an option now. I just know I need somewhat of a socially progressive place but without the highest pricetag. I've paid out the ash in Cola SC, not even Charleston, as much or more than I remember FL being.

Up in your area, I don't think I could do Charlotte, it might be too busy although I am more than likely moving to the Triangle Research + I know a person or 2 up that way. Makes sense for me. Rock Hill doesn't seem like a bad Charlotte suburb though for SC.

FL is a me me me culture like it is in SC to a point, but the social progressive thing makes a big difference. I kind of took it for granted before and didn't identify as trans at that time but damn, I should of. I would be back in Tampa Bay IN A MINUTE if I knew more people who could help me or it was feasible.

Old 08-09-2021, 10:11 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,808,636 times
Curious as to why you are exiting Charlotte.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:13 PM

1,277 posts, read 1,091,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Yep, I always recommend N Pinellas, particularly for families. I’m not sure about the OP though since it’s further from the interstate and TIA. Regardless, it’s definitely worth checking out. It’s about a million times better than living in Brandon or Riverview.
If you want something new or newish it’s harder to find on Built out Pinellas County. If you single and like to have places around you. St Pete or Tampa proper would be better.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:22 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,455,203 times
Welcome, I am from the Carolinas as well, feel free to PM me if youre curious about the transition and culture change of moving to FL (prepare for no Bojangles lol, and your summers are about to be doubled, and leaves will not change in the fall). Interesting that you want to leave Charlotte with everything going on there, but Tampa is booming as well.

Someone said Rocky Point, that could work for you. Also try New Tampa. Not sure what all is gated, but its still quality houses regardless, and closer to the city. Carrollwood, Northdale, and Town N Country would be worth a look as well.

Old 08-15-2021, 04:12 AM

346 posts, read 309,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Welcome, I am from the Carolinas as well, feel free to PM me if youre curious about the transition and culture change of moving to FL (prepare for no Bojangles lol, and your summers are about to be doubled, and leaves will not change in the fall). Interesting that you want to leave Charlotte with everything going on there, but Tampa is booming as well.

Someone said Rocky Point, that could work for you. Also try New Tampa. Not sure what all is gated, but its still quality houses regardless, and closer to the city. Carrollwood, Northdale, and Town N Country would be worth a look as well.

Bojangles has been overrated most times I been I would say. I don't care for their gravy. FL has CHECKERS though. I love Checkers.

For a Carolina Chain though I would recommend Maurices Piggie Park. That will not be in FL. But FL has their own BBQ thats pretty good and in Tampa as well.

FL should get Del Taco. I happen to have one of those near me in SC now and I will tell you its one of the few in the Carolinas but its more awesome than Taco Bell. Its out of California. I think El Pollo Loco should come to the Southeast also.

And on a side note, I would move back to FL if I could, its just not a good place to forward yourself and your career/life quest. Find a good partner and friends.. Its best if you have an existing support system if you knew people from another state who moved down there because otherwise, you ain't meeting people.

NC I see as the best more social state to get ahead in out of the 2.

Old 08-15-2021, 05:03 PM

5,980 posts, read 7,390,056 times
I believe there are several El Pollo Locos in Tampa.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay