Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 12:50 PM

40 posts, read 54,881 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
I'll be moving to the Tampa area soon, from Charlotte, NC. I'm super excited, but I'm having a difficult time deciding which area to live in. So far, I've looked at the Progress Village, Brandon, Riverview, and Valrico areas and then New Tampa, Wesley Chapel, Lutz, and Land O Lakes. I really liked the latter when I visited. I've traveled there a couple of times to search for places and explore the area. I will eventually buy, but I want to rent for at least a year to give myself time to get acclimated to the Tampa area and get familiar with my surroundings.

Rather than renting an apartment, I'd prefer to rent a reasonably priced townhome, but so far not many of them are updated or the appliances don't match and weird stuff like that. I'm also noticing that a lot of them have open showers with no doors, which is different...and honestly not a preference.

I'm a single, IT professional w/ a dog (work from home) ...travel frequently for work. My criteria is simple (I think ). I'd prefer a gated community or at least controlled building access , 2-3 bedrooms, 2 baths, with easy access to the interstate, shopping, airport, etc. Preferably recently built (w/in the past 5 years) or at least updated kitchen and bathrooms and at least a walk-in closet in the master.

Although I'd prefer not to rent an apartment, I'm thinking I may have to acquiesce if I don't find something else within the next week or so. So, I did look at several when I visited. So far, the only ones I liked were Oasis at 301, Trails at Hunter Lake, and Cortland Bayport....but for those prices, I'd rather have a townhome.

At any rate, my budget is relatively broad ($1,600 - $2,200/mo). Any advice offered would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks,
~ Ashley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 01:20 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,279,227 times
Congrats on your upcoming move! I suggest checking out Post Bay at Rocky Point. It’s one of surprisingly few apartments that’s right on Tampa Bay. I used to live there and it’s my favorite place I have lived in Tampa.

Apart from that, there are a ton of different choices really. I’d also look at the apartments in the International Plaza area. If you want something quieter, look at NW Hillsborough. If you want more action, downtown St. Pete or South Howard in Tampa.

Old 08-04-2021, 01:37 PM

17,148 posts, read 15,350,560 times
I just moved here, and am renting a townhome (2/2) in North Pinellas for around $1,800. It is fairly modern, and it came with all new appliances and carpets. I love the area. I am a work-from-home engineer. Check it out. Quite a few options from what I see.

Old 08-04-2021, 01:45 PM

@Arcenal813 Thanks for responding. How did you find the townhome you're renting in North Pinellas? I've searched on Zillow, Hotpads, Zumper, and Rently.

Old 08-04-2021, 01:46 PM

@FL_Expert Thanks for responding. I looked in that area (online), but it didn't seem like I'd get as much bang for my buck there. However, I haven't heard of Post Bay before, so I'll check it out.

Old 08-04-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
I just moved here, and am renting a townhome (2/2) in North Pinellas for around $1,800. It is fairly modern, and it came with all new appliances and carpets. I love the area. I am a work-from-home engineer. Check it out. Quite a few options from what I see.
Yep, I always recommend N Pinellas, particularly for families. I’m not sure about the OP though since it’s further from the interstate and TIA. Regardless, it’s definitely worth checking out. It’s about a million times better than living in Brandon or Riverview.

Old 08-04-2021, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Yep, I always recommend N Pinellas, particularly for families. I’m not sure about the OP though since it’s further from the interstate and TIA. Regardless, it’s definitely worth checking out. It’s about a million times better than living in Brandon or Riverview.
@FL_Expert What is the OP?

Old 08-04-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces5683 View Post
@FL_Expert What is the OP?
The ‘Original Poster’. (you )

Old 08-04-2021, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces5683 View Post
@Arcenal813 Thanks for responding. How did you find the townhome you're renting in North Pinellas? I've searched on Zillow, Hotpads, Zumper, and Rently.
My gf, who has been in the area for some time, found it for me. I was able to locate it on Zillow only after I found out the name of it, through a name search… It did not come up otherwise, for some reason.
There are quite a few other very nice units in near proximity that would have fit the bill for me.

Old 08-04-2021, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
The distance from the interstates is the one downfall… It’s a terrible drive to I-75, as maps always direct me through Trinity and 54, which are absolutely awful, and 275 requires a drive down Hillsborough, which is very hit or miss depending on traffic. Not bad at night though.
I will say this; I travel frequently for work too, and an Uber ride to the airport is only about $30, and a $30 minute drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay