Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 08:45 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
They certainly do not happen in Tampa Bay. Dewpoints in the summer are generally in the low to mid 70's here.
Well according to our good friend Restrain, humidity in Dallas reaches virtually fatal levels "routinely".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 11:26 PM

7,778 posts, read 6,387,704 times
I never had to shovel heat.

I don't even want to visit anyplace where there is snow on the ground.

Old 10-07-2014, 12:20 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post

Same here. That is why we moved here.

Old 10-07-2014, 04:20 AM

30,433 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Yep, 95° dewpoints happen all the time in Dallas.
We see 80 to 82 on some days here in the summer when we are in a deep west flow. Most times it's 70 to 74.

Old 10-07-2014, 04:56 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:

To each his own i guess, Up here in Montreal i might get to shovel the car out a couple of times a winter,no big deal, And its never so cold i cant dress appropriately.My time in Florida however is much more uncomfortable for me as once down to Tshirt shorts and flip flops theres no way to further cool off other than seeking out an air conditioned environment, if you are an outdoors type of person this becomes somewhat of an inconvenience for a major part of the year, I guess i'm a 4 seasons type rather than one long summer type.

Last edited by jambo101; 10-07-2014 at 05:51 AM..

Old 10-07-2014, 06:54 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
I found the summers to be more bearable on the east coast of Florida, the breeze coming off the Atlantic is cooler than that which comes off the Gulf. So I didn't mind summer as much when I lived near the Atlantic. It's nutz over here and even worse in the Orlando area.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:04 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
Quote:

I agree with you. I like sunny, warm, blue sky days, so Florida is really wonderful for me. I have no desire to shovel snow or rake mountains of leaves ever again.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:15 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,125,986 times
Moved here from Alaska in 2011. The last two summers have been wet and very warm... but no real storms except for TS Debbi. People are telling me that this is the way the weather used to be and is more of a typical weather pattern. I also moved to Hillsborough County from Pinellas. I lived in Pinellas for a year when we fist got here... the weather is better in Pinellas. You get more of a seabreeze which provides a bit of airflow and keeps the storms away. I dislike Hillsborough.... I am more inland and see a lot more rain.

I am tired of the humid hot summers. I could sale my house in Hillsborough and move to Pinellas, but then I would have to deal with that terrible Pinellas Traffic and still have no guarantee that the weather will indeed be better.

Now, with that said.... are the 3 months of summer worth the rest of the year? Yes. Is it better than the 5 months of winter I came from? Yes. Honestly, I can't think of a better place to live outside of those 3 months. My kids are dying to play in snow though..... about time for a winter vacation up north.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:11 AM

105 posts, read 135,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk22 View Post
I find a lot of the overweight people who do not like outdoor activities hate Florida. Can you blame them? They were built for the Artic. I did go visit my sister twice in Chicago burbs last year at different times and here's what I encountered. During the summer there it was in the 90s everyday with absolutely no breeze and so much muggier than near the coast of Florida where I live. I'll take Florida summer anyday over midwest summers. I grew up in the midwest and it wasn't nice at all. I went to my sister's place in February and here's what I encountered for a whole week! Talk about limiting your outdoor activities other than going out to eat and to bars. It really sucked up there.
Amen to that. I've been living with this all my life and can't WAIT to hopefully make the move to the Palm Harbor/Tampa area next year. I've had it with the 8 months of cold, gray, dreary, snow, ice, pot holes, etc etc. up here in Chicago. I pray to God it's in his will that we'll be able make the move someday in the not-to-distant future.

Old 10-08-2014, 05:55 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
the weather is better in Pinellas. You get more of a seabreeze which provides a bit of airflow and keeps the storms away. I dislike Hillsborough.... I am more inland and see a lot more rain.
I always wondered if that really makes a noticeable difference. Despite less breeze, I'd be inclined to live in the eastern suburbs instead to ensure that I don't miss out on any thunderstorms (among other reasons).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay