Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 05:22 PM

203 posts, read 960,329 times

Advertisements

Where in Tampa, St Pete, Sarasota, Apollo beach...is your favorite place to eat that has a view? We will have aout 15 people from out of state that we are taking to a nice resturant. We are willing to travel!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 05:47 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,376,422 times
What type of scene are you looking for?

In Tampa:
Collanade has beautiful views of Bayshore Blvd, Hillsborough Bay and downtown Tampa skyline.
CK's revolving rooftop restaurant gives you a 360 degree view of the entire Tampa area, and if you get the timing right, beautiful sunsets into the Gulf.
Armani's has great views over the Bay all the way out to the Gulf.
Cafe Durfrain and Jackson's Bistro on Harbour Island have nice views of the Channel and downtown Tampa.

I havent eatin at these in quite some time but there is also the Rusty Pelican and Castaway near Rocky Point.

In St. Pete:
Moon Under Water, Parkshore Grille, Fresco's offer nice views of the Bay and Pier in downtown St. Pete.
A casual place is Cha Cha Coconuts on the top of the Pier, nice views of downtown St. Pete and downtown Tampa across the Bay. Columbia restaurant also has nice views and is located in the Pier as well.

Clearwater Beach;
Island Way Grille watewrfront on the intracoastal waterway and Frenchy's directly on the beach overlooking the Gulf.

I'll let others chime in on Sarasota and Apollo Beach...

Old 06-04-2008, 05:52 PM

346 posts, read 1,341,120 times
Columbia Restaurant on the 4th floor of the Pier is really nice like tampaguy said. Also a place with good view and so so food is The Colonade on Bayshore Blvd. If you want to spend a bit more and have an awsome view is the hotel restaurant at the Don Cesar on St. Pete Beach. The Hurricane on South St. Pete Beach also has amazing views and good atmosphere. I always timed it for the sunset and ask for a balcony seat. I've gotten it everytime I've been there.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:22 PM

105 posts, read 200,044 times
Nice scenic view of Lake Tarpon with outside bar would be TARPON TURTLE Tarpon Turtle - Home - Grill and Marina, Water Front Restaurant, Wine Tasting, Band, Live Music, Tarpon Springs
Tarpon Turtle
1513 Lake Tarpon Ave.
Tarpon Springs
727-722-9030

Old 06-04-2008, 06:32 PM

THANK YOU!

I would say I'm most looking for more of an elegant scene. But I'm open for anything! So give me all the advice you have no matter the atmosphere (though I do love island/tropical themed places when done well )

We're renewing our vows on the Carnival Legend, and many people are not sailing with us but are still making a cross country trip and I feel bad for them to come all the way here and only be at the ceremony and reception for a couple hours. So, we wanted to take everyone out to a nice place the night prior. We're even having several people from Germany coming!

Thank you for your advice!

Old 06-04-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbecky79 View Post
We're even having several people from Germany coming!

Thank you for your advice!
Really where from in Germany? I am from Germany - going there next week to visit my parents !

Old 06-04-2008, 06:39 PM

Tampa Bay Metro Magazine | Dining | S. Pinellas
you might want to check out that link

Old 06-04-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy_tampa View Post
Really where from in Germany? I am from Germany - going there next week to visit my parents !
The Hanau area, east of Frankfurt. My mother-in-law came to the USA in the 1970's and all her family still lives there! I was lucky enough to go there for 30 days during Christmas 1998. I loved it!

Old 06-04-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbecky79 View Post
The Hanau area, east of Frankfurt. My mother-in-law came to the USA in the 1970's and all her family still lives there! I was lucky enough to go there for 30 days during Christmas 1998. I loved it!
Oh my gosh I am from Darmstadt which is about 30 min from Hanau!
Sprichst Du deutsch? Do you speak german? I am flying into Frankfurt on Tuesday matter of fact and I live about 15 min south of Frankfurt, well my family does! I live here since 2003 since my hubby retired from the US Army.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy_tampa View Post
Oh my gosh I am from Darmstadt which is about 30 min from Hanau!
Sprichst Du deutsch? Do you speak german? I am flying into Frankfurt on Tuesday matter of fact and I live about 15 min south of Frankfurt, well my family does! I live here since 2003 since my hubby retired from the US Army.
No, I don't speak German. I wish I did, and maybe I should start so I can speak with my husbands grandmother. Everyone else who is coming speaks English, but it would be a nice surprise if I tried to communicate with Omie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay