Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2008, 11:05 AM

74 posts, read 347,161 times

Advertisements

Will be visiting the area in a few weeks to look at real estate in Sugarmill Woods and other nearby areas. How's the Riverside Resort and/or any other nearby motels? The price seems fair at $65.00 a night. Just wondering if that's an ok place for a few nights??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 11:25 AM

1,802 posts, read 8,161,444 times
I visited Homosassa in May and stayed at Bella Oasis Hotel and Spa. Certainly not spa-like, but the price was cheap ($69 a night), the room was clean, they had free in-room Wi-Fi, and it was very close to Sugarmill Woods. I was checking out the area for a possible move, so having the internet connection was really important. I could find places on-line and then run out to look at them.

I don't know anything about the Riverside Resort, but I checked out their web-site it looks really nice. Sorry I can't be more help.

Good luck house-hunting!

Old 09-20-2008, 02:02 PM

34 posts, read 120,318 times
Default Tom in Spring Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetGI View Post
Will be visiting the area in a few weeks to look at real estate in Sugarmill Woods and other nearby areas. How's the Riverside Resort and/or any other nearby motels? The price seems fair at $65.00 a night. Just wondering if that's an ok place for a few nights??
The Riverside Resort is great. Very peaceful place right on the river.
Two good restaurants on property.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:32 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,635,632 times
In addition to the 2 restaurants you have "The Shed" right around the corner for a few beers sitting by the river.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
In addition to the 2 restaurants you have "The Shed" right around the corner for a few beers sitting by the river.
Well that did it! Made my reservation...

Old 09-28-2008, 07:07 AM

34 posts, read 120,318 times
Default Hotel in Homosassa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetGI View Post
Well that did it! Made my reservation...
Enjoy it. Let us know what you thought.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom in Spring Hill View Post
Enjoy it. Let us know what you thought.
It was great! A little on the old side but the rooms were clean. We loved the restaurant/bar on the river and ate there every night. We didn't see any reason to eat anywhere else since the food and the view of the river were outstanding. We stayed a week while looking all over the area and decided on Sugarmill Woods. I'm aware of the deed restrictions and can live with them. Will retire in the spring and move once my house gets sold. Our market in Oklahoma hasn't yet been affected by the housing slow down.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:01 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,635,632 times
Did you stop by The Shed for a few beers?

Glad you had a good time.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Did you stop by The Shed for a few beers?

Glad you had a good time.
I guess I missed that one....Anyway, will have plenty of time to visit more places once we get down there. After 43 years with the fed gov I'm ready to retire!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay