Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2007, 05:08 PM

65 posts, read 276,409 times

Advertisements

Can anyone offer info about Tampa Bay Golf & Country Club? It's a 55+ community in Pasco County (San Antonio). We've visited there, and there seem to be *lots* of places for sale.

Does anyone on this forum live there or know about the community?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2007, 09:05 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Can't really tell you much about the community itself, but there was a bad tornado that hit there on Christmas day, destroying several homes. Maybe that's why so many are for sale.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:11 AM

1 posts, read 11,229 times
Smile Tampa Bay Golf and Country Club

I know alot about Tampa Bay Golf and Country Club. I own two homes there. I sell homes there and I rent homes there.

This is the time to really get a bargain in the area. Several things have led to the number of homes on the market and the drop in prices. When values were going up so much many investors bought in the area. They could buy and the home would be worth thousands more when they closed on it. They planned on flipping. (selling as soon as they closed) This caused a huge supply of houses on the market. Then U.S. Home decided to leave the area. They put all of their inventory on the market at radically reduced prices.

Homeowners who need to sell have had to reduce their prices to keep up with competition.

The area is beautiful and really will keep selling. This year there have been 35 sales and there are about 15 pending contracts. There is so much growth around the area as well.

The tornado hit only two or three homes on one street. That has all been repaired.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:43 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleurdelis View Post
Can anyone offer info about Tampa Bay Golf & Country Club? It's a 55+ community in Pasco County (San Antonio). We've visited there, and there seem to be *lots* of places for sale.

I've only passed it a few times when coming down I-75 to Tampa. It seems a little far from Tampa - personally, I'd recommend Sun City Center, south of Tampa. Its a WCI community - well managed and maintained. There's various housing available from $50k one bedroom condos to $500,000+ pool homes on the golf course.

The golf is great - a lot to choose from. The community has a lot to offer - not your typical retirement, shuffleboard community (although I think that's available).

I'd really recommend that anyone seeking an over 55 yr retirement location look into it.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:04 PM

2 posts, read 21,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleurdelis View Post

My mother owned a home there and it is now vacant and up for sale. What would you like to know?

Old 02-28-2008, 06:06 PM

2 posts, read 21,505 times
I have a home in TBG&CC for sale and know quite a bit about the area. What would you like to know?

Old 02-28-2008, 06:15 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
Oh geez, the OP date was a year ago. Oh well...

Mid Florida MLS has 75 resales for sale, 5 contracts pending and 8 sales this year. I've visited TBGCC with buyers many times, but never had a sale there. There was some discord in the past over the management of the golf course by Transeastern --> Pasco: Golfers howl over charges for 'free golf'.

Last edited by TampaKaren; 02-28-2008 at 06:24 PM..

Old 10-21-2009, 07:37 PM

1 posts, read 9,200 times
I would like to rent a house for january

Old 02-13-2014, 10:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llogan View Post
I know alot about Tampa Bay Golf and Country Club. I own two homes there. I sell homes there and I rent homes there.

This is the time to really get a bargain in the area. Several things have led to the number of homes on the market and the drop in prices. When values were going up so much many investors bought in the area. They could buy and the home would be worth thousands more when they closed on it. They planned on flipping. (selling as soon as they closed) This caused a huge supply of houses on the market. Then U.S. Home decided to leave the area. They put all of their inventory on the market at radically reduced prices.

Homeowners who need to sell have had to reduce their prices to keep up with competition.

The area is beautiful and really will keep selling. This year there have been 35 sales and there are about 15 pending contracts. There is so much growth around the area as well.

The tornado hit only two or three homes on one street. That has all been repaired.
Logan can you please contact me? I have some questions about the Tampa bay golf and country club community!! Thanks so much!!

Old 01-04-2015, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 2,465 times
Hello,
We are looking to rent for 1 mo in March to get an overall feel for the TBGCC community. Also, my s/o golfs and needs to try the golf course and meet people there before we make the big decision to jump in and buy. We already know the style house we want (Pembroke) etc., and where in the community we would like to settle, however, we want to get our feet wet before we make a commitment. We don't want to blindly buy then realize that the 18 hold course isn't his cup of tea, and/or find perhaps that life style there may not be what we are hoping it is.
Are there any monthly rentals that may be avail for March 2016 ?
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: