Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 09:37 AM

53 posts, read 136,006 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for your great ideas and supports.I will try to keep calling the police,I will see if it works
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymbuff View Post
What time is he playing music? You definitely have rights as renters. It's a shame he made you cry. however if he is playing loud music at 5pm maybe you should tolerate it a bit. If the loud music happens at midnight on a weekday then the law might be on your side.
He usually plays the loud music from 2:30 pm to 8:30pm,sometimes from 4:00 to 8:30.
I closed the windows and turn on my air conditioning ,but I can still hear it.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaegel View Post
I think the law is that he can play his music as loud as he wants until 11:00 pm. I don't know how early he can start playing it again. I agree, keep calling the police. At some point they will probably start giving him tickets. If he turns it back up half an hour later, call again. Does any of the other neighbors have a problem with this jerk?
I don't know any other neighbors,we just moved in a couple of months ago

Old 04-17-2009, 12:52 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,686,374 times
Be careful about calling the police too much. My dad called the Hillsborough Country Sheriffs dept repeatedly over loud music being played in his condo development by a sex offender no less who had several young girls partying over on his front porch and was told if he kept calling they would recommend the perv with the loud music sue him for harassement. They also said he could get in trouble with the dept itself for calling too often. And oh yeah, he called a whopping four times.

Good luck to you but don't expect too much sadly.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:19 PM

544 posts, read 1,473,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nndlvc View Post
Thank you all for your great ideas and supports.I will try to keep calling the police,I will see if it works

It wont. You waste your time calling the police in general. You people with your false sense of securities, it bothers me.
Theres always a time limit to things and he is right, if you dont like it and it happens over and over, try to move.
Whether hes a HOA douchebag in with the heads or not, you chose to be there, you want to be around a corrupt bunch of people and felons while seeking your suburban "utopia", well you got it, enjoy.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:02 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,487,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltinjohn View Post
you want to be around a corrupt bunch of people and felons while seeking your suburban "utopia", well you got it, enjoy.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:22 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,658,973 times
Quote:
It wont. You waste your time calling the police in general. You people with your false sense of securities, it bothers me.
Theres always a time limit to things and he is right, if you dont like it and it happens over and over, try to move.
Whether hes a HOA douchebag in with the heads or not, you chose to be there, you want to be around a corrupt bunch of people and felons while seeking your suburban "utopia", well you got it, enjoy.

meltinjohn must be her neighbor.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:13 AM

2,413 posts, read 5,754,604 times
Quote:
Do you like playing loud music?

Old 07-28-2011, 04:20 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,487,946 times
I can imagine the Tampa Tribune story now - "Two Neighbors shoot each other in a gun fight over noise and spotlight" -----we have some scary people in this area - crack heads/meth heads with little respect for the law.

Where are the people who dis HOAs at every opportunity.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:42 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,141,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbest74 View Post
The next time you guys leave for the weekend...crank up ABBA's greatest hits and put it on repeat. He will have Dancing Queen stuck in his head for months!
This kinda, I had similiar problem with an upstairs neighbor who would play the loud rap music with the heavy bass. So I went to the opposite end of the spectrum of what he would like.....thrash and heavy metal and his cheezy Buddy-Buy Right system was no match for the BOSE, problem solved.

To the OP, I think the right to do it should be thrown out, the law should catch up with the times. In this day and age you can run all your music through a computer and get a pair of wireless headphones and blast your eardrums out w/o bothering anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay