Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 12:52 PM

6 posts, read 23,209 times

Advertisements

Hi, what are the top preschools in the Tampa Bay Area? They can be any denomination or curriculum style (i.e. montessori, traditional, etc.).

I am trying to figure out which are the preschools that "feed" into the top prep schools like Carrollwood Day School, Berkeley Prep, Tampa Prep, etc.

If I go the public school route, which are the best elementary public schools (not just A rated, but top performing schools with successful grads)?

Any and all info/input is GREATLY appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 01:17 PM

10 posts, read 39,061 times
A lot of the private schools have part time preschool programs starting at age 3. However, I sent my daughter to the Jewish Community Center, they have three locations and was a great program.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:45 PM

6 posts, read 23,209 times
Thanks for the response! I actually went on a tour to the JCC today- the north branch. I was impressed but I want to see what else is out there before I make a decision. What did you like/not like about JCC? And can I ask where your child went on to school? Do you feel that JCC prepared her for that school?

THANKS A BUNCH!!!@@@!!!!!

Old 07-21-2009, 07:59 PM

10 posts, read 39,061 times
My daughter will still be there this year, so we haven't looked into other schools yet for Pre K 4 or beyond. I toured several places before I placed her and in the end I just wanted her to have a nurturing environment.

I called a good friend of mine whose kids attended JCC and are now at Carrollwood Day School to ask if her kids were ready and that sort of thing and she said that her kids were more than ready and that there were three other kids in her daughter's Kindergarten class that she went to JCC with her (out of a small class of 15, four attended JCC) and that both her son and daughter transitioned well and she thinks that JCC has one of the best programs by far.

Oh, what I liked all the art and the teachers are wonderful, plus they communicate with me immediately about any issues good or bad about my daughter.

Cons, because of the Jewish holidays they are closed a lot, but that's not a biggie, but I figured you should know.

Good luck in your search. We love it there by the way.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:41 AM

3 posts, read 27,895 times
What about Bowman Academy in Carrollwood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: