Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2007, 10:46 PM

7 posts, read 30,400 times

Advertisements

Hey all me and my family are planning on moving this summer. We currently live in West Palm Beach and we HATE it. We live in the supposed nicer area but even here (wellington) it's getting bad. One of the places we have on our list is Tampa. I just got back from a quick weekend 3 weeks ago. We were helping my aunt find an apartment, so we didn't have much time to look for ourselves. Basically we tried to look at Land O' Lakes but only got to look at one neighborhood, it was nice but too much (some nature perserve). Basically I need some advice on where to look when i go this weekend. I was told that Riverview was over built and so was Brandon. Basically the most important thing for us is a safe place to live. So any advice is greatly appreciated. We would like to find some new home communities that have model homes, and we also would like to have some shopping near, such as the basics of the grocery store and gas station, and also a Target or Wal-mart would be nice. I can't wait to hear from you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 01:37 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,890,766 times
There are plenty of different places to live that are safe. It all depends on the price that you are considering, whether you are buying or renting and all the other factors involved. Near the beach and near Tampa I can think of Safety Harbor, a quaint little town with everything in Clearwater near by, Palm Harbor, Oldsmar,Dunedin,Tarpon Springs. They are all near beaches and safe. Let us know what else you are looking for and probably you will get lots of suggestions besides mine.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:11 PM

930 posts, read 717,643 times
Try Trinity on SR 54. The elementary school Trinity oaks on trinity oaks blvd is new and excellent. All major shopping Walmart, Target, Publix, payless, ross, pet store, ect. and restuarants Trinity grill, Sonic, sunny's, panara, steak and shake, chilis, christo's, pit boss, ect are nearby and there are plenty of beautiful model houses to see in new neighborhoods. There are some more expensive model homes off of Trinity oaks Blvd in the country club/golf community. Go South on little road, you'll run right into them. The homes sell for around 700,000 and up. But alot of fun to see. If you go East on SR 54 from Little road, Right before our new super Target, and down a road behind the cemetary that's on 54, you'll find some more. I've seen tons of model houses and these are my favorite. Houses around 200,000. They did a special in February where they were giving away free swimming pools. We were just looking. Beautiful 2 story houses and they had their own playground. So far just a few have gone up. One block since I was there a few weeks ago. It's in a nice quiet area and the Elementary school zoned for there is Trinity elem, also a good school. There are also, model town houses off of Seven Springs blvd and across from Perrine ranch road. They back up to a wildlife sanctuary, so theres lots of trees around. If you go down 54 East again from little road and turn Left onto Starkey Blvd. You'll come to Model houses on the right. This is longleaf. They are like their own little community with their own elem school, daycare, civic center, playground, pool. Picture perfect neihgborhoods. One and two story houses that give the option of putting and extra apartment or mother-in-law house over the garage. Also our favorites. Very nice. Prices in the 2 & 300,000 I think. I know we have more around, but those are all that come to my mind right now. You have to check them out, you wont be disappointed. Hope this helps a bit. Good Luck, let me know if you need anymore help.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:02 PM

713 posts, read 2,669,350 times
Default Wellington is getting bad?? Yikes...

How so? Please do tell. Someone I know is moving up there and I want to inform him about this. Thanks.

Spring Hill. Some nature. Some residential. Brooksville, pretty much all nature.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:53 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,964,398 times
west palm is a nightmare, really ghetto....i didnt know wellington was getting bad, jeez....anyhow, if u wcould afford to buy a house in wellington then u could afford a beautiful house in fishhawk ranch, wesley chapel, land o lakes or new tampa

Old 05-03-2007, 09:39 PM

well i really think that west palm in general has gone WAY down hill since i have lived here. And as far as Wellington goes, it used to be a very cool place and nice and safe but recently i have noticed that there are way too many ghetto (not just black, hispanic, etc. people but low lifes in general) I have heard that there are some gang members living here. If you have some builders sites where i can check it out i'd greatly appreciate it. also i would like to check out Trinity so if you have some sites that would be very cool. I also don't want to live too far away from the city b/c my Mom has to work there. Thanks for the quick replies.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:47 PM

ok what about the following cities: Westly Chapel, Riverview, or a new and up coming place.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:57 PM

930 posts, read 717,643 times
Try trinity-real-estate.com. I dont know anything about Riverview. Wesley Chapel is nice. It's really been built up over the past few years. All your basic stores are there. Have'nt seen a mall but there's one not too far on Fowler by the college. It has some newer and more expensive restuarants. We've only been there a few times. Did not appeal to us much. Nothing there we cant find here. Maybe someone else who lives there can help you out better. It probably is closer to the city than Trinity. And it's not too far from Busch Gardens. About 15-20 minutes. You don't want to live in the Brooksville/Springhill area if you have kids. It has Walmart and Target and basic stores you want, but that's about it. It feels very secluded. Great for retirees, but if you have kids they will be bored to tears. I lived there for my senior year of High School and was so depressed. It's like living in the middle of nowhere. It has built up some since then, but not much besides the stores. Walmart to Superwalmart, Lowes, Sonic, ect. Brandon has built up alot. We used to go to their mall alot, but now the traffic there is crazy. Safety Harbor is nice. It's close to Clearwater(if you can handle the traffic due to the never ending construction) and not too far from Tampa and the malls. I would not recammend Tarpon Springs. Not the safest place or the best schools. Dunedin is nicer. Very pretty neighborhoods, nice and quiet and close to the water. Isn't everywhere close to the water!?! Well good luck. Let us know where you decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay